Gurgaon Ladies..Meet Here!

Discussion in 'NCR' started by shanmugadeepa, Mar 6, 2008.

1. shanmugadeepa

shanmugadeepa New IL'ite

hi buddies, i m in gurgaon near delhi. i m here for the past 3 years. i want to know any indusladies here. please inform me. i m very eager to make friends through net. bye.

2. starshine

starshine New IL'ite

Hi Shanmugadeepa,

Nice to know that you are from Gurgaon.My parents stay in Gurgaon and they are pretty new to the place. Can you suggest some good reasonable shopping areas in the city?

Thanks for your help !

3. essvee

essvee New IL'ite

Hi Starshine,

where are your parents put up? There are lots of malls for shopping but I guess you are referring to the local market. where exactly are they staying? Almost every area in ggn has a local market of its own.

My parents stay in Ggn too.

Cheers,
    Sonalika

4. starshine

starshine New IL'ite

Hello Sonalika,

Good to know that you are from Gurgaon. Thanks for your response !

My parents stay in Rail Vihar.We are from South India.So,can you give some inputs on what are the special things which we can look out for in Gurgaon?

5. vinunagpal

vinunagpal New IL'ite

Hi Shanmugadeepa and Sonalika,

Please tell me the positives and negatives of Gurgaon as I want to switch my job from delhi to either gurgaon or noida......

My hubby's job is in gurgaon so that would be the first target....

Please tell me the pros and cons of gurgaon....like water problem, electicity problem, commuting, safety etc...Please share ur experiences....We currentlly stay in noida

Thanks,
    Vinu

6. essvee

essvee New IL'ite

Hi starshine,
    The first thing that comes to my mind is the yummy chaat. I don't get the same taste in chaat here and it's the first thing on my agenda when I visit my parents.
    And of course, shopping. If you like to wear salwar suits, then you get a good variety there (also delhi) at good rates. It would be a good gift for your relatives back in south. I've had all my south indian friends asking where I get my suits from.
    And yes, if you buy for yourself, don't forget to get it stitched there too. The fitting will be awesome.

Cheers,
    Sonalika

7. essvee

essvee New IL'ite

Hi vinu,

have u shifted already?

I think ggn is a great place to stay....but obviously i'd be biased. It is more peaceful as compared to delhi but the electricity prob is a major one there. people there thrive on invertors for electricity and borewells for water. I don't really know much about noida but I guess it's pretty much the same in terms of everything.

Sonalika

8. Delo

Delo Senior IL'ite

Gurgaon

Is anyone from Gurgaon here?

9. SeuliB

SeuliB New IL'ite

Re: Gurgaon

Hi Delo,

Nice to meet you. Love reading your posts and blog. :)

Well, I'm currently based at Ahmedabad, but have lived in Gurgaon prior to that. I can't say if I miss Gurgaon, because life there meant Home -> Car -> Office -> Malls and back <- Home. Yes, I do miss my friends and colleagues there, but I found Gurgaon to be very lifeless.

I found neighbors who feel the pain to say 'hi' if accidently got together on the lift :spin, and the pavements on the road are as if meant for all those who cannot afford a car. I hardly saw people taking a stroll on the roads; but rather chose to hit the treadmills.

I donno if things have changed over 2 years...but I'll definitely say its a city where you do have Malls to splash your money. :)

Waiting to hear a lot about Gurgaon from you....

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

10. Delo

Delo Senior IL'ite

Re: Gurgaon

U now what SeuliB,its just the same.Its exactly the way you left it.I'v lived here for 15 years now.People find it painful to smile,unhelpful 'aapna bachcha,aapna kuththa' types.
    Where I stay (DLF),people are serious 'walkers' but with no expressions on their faces.
    Sometime back,my new house caught fire and none of the neighbors came to help.That day,i decided I donot want to stay here in my old age but the tragedy is that we've made a house here.A house is something one gets attached to,especially if its been made with yr hard earned money.
    I'm really cribbing,isn't it?But your response made me feel so good,moreover you are so right about everything u wrote abt GURGAON.