Gurgaon City - Looking for locality with reasonable Apartment Prices and Good School?

Discussion in 'Delhi & NCR' started by peekyboo, Feb 27, 2009.

1. peekyboo

peekyboo Senior IL'ite

Hii all I am born in Singapore but married to a Indian born man. We are looking to buy a 3 bedroom apartment and our budget is below 50 Lacs.

I need to know a few things . In Singapore ,we are surrounded by clean roads,and malls here and there.Its very safe here as well.

Where do you think we should buy a place where there are malls nearby or good shop facilites ?

Also,my boys are aged 6 and 4 now ,I intend to buy a house where there are good schools around. Please suggest which are the good schools ?

Which are the good developers that I can buy from ..i know DLF is good but expensive...

I have never been to Gurgaon, only Meerut..there is lots of traffic there ..is Gurgaon same like that or better ??

Thanks for all your advise.

2. ishanisharma

ishanisharma New IL'ite

Hi,

Welcome to Gurgaon!

It is a nice city to live and enjoy life. With an influx of MNCs and disposable incomes to spend, the real estate market is cashing on the boom with hordes of malls for the ultimate shopping experience. People from Delhi throng Gurgaon on weekends, spend the day watching movies in multiplexes, and then having their choicest cuisines in eating joints in all the malls or their choicest restaurants.

You can also find some fantastic discotheques - the Sahara Mall and Metropolitan mall being the most visited by the young crowd. There is not much traffic within the city (as such compared to other big metros); however, driving in the Delhi-Gurgaon road in peak hours can be a real pain.

As for your query on buying a 3BHK apartment in proper Gurgaon below 50 lacs, that sounds quite a difficult proposition. Gurgaon is known to have one of the most high real estate prices in the region. However, you may give a try in the newly developed areas outside Gurgaon like Manesar, Sohna Rd, etc.

There are some very good schools in Gurgaon. Will write about it soon.
    Hope the info proves to be helpful to you. :)

There are more threads on Gurgaon in the forum .....Read on!!!

Last edited: Feb 28, 2009
  3. peekyboo

peekyboo Senior IL'ite

hii thanks for the info but hope that you can tell me more like which sectors to get a house and which developers to go for ?
    Also, which are the good schools.

I have subscribed to a property newslatter and in it ..it showed some of the projects that suited my budget.

Thanks!!!!

4. ishanisharma

ishanisharma New IL'ite

Builders - Gurgaon City

DLF, Unitech, Parsvnath developers, Emaar-MGF, Vipul, Vatika, Eldelco, Eros Builders are some of the well known developers in the region. But with less than 50 lacs budget, I'm afraid you may have to opt for the lesser known ones.

However, I hope in this age of global recession, there are chances of price correction. Even though it is a fact that, You won't get to buy property in India at low prices in spite of global meltdown; but if you want to sell, you won't get a good deal citing (again) global meltdown. :hide:
    For schools check this thread:
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/delhi-and-ncr/49992-schools-in-gurgaon.html

My personal favorite is Ryan International School. :)

All the best for your New House!!!