Gujarati Thali Recipes - What is your favorite combo?

Discussion in 'Western India' started by bhavnaparikh, May 18, 2009.

1. bhavnaparikh

bhavnaparikh New IL'ite

Gujarati Thali is basically a concept with the objective to present that real and traditional taste of Gujarati food. In the Gujarati Thali, there are mainly four components Cereal, Pulses, Vegetables and Rice. And these components are accompanied by several other supplements such as pickle, chutney, papad, buttermilk and salad.

The main dishes include one variety of dal, kadhi, two to three vegetable preparations, salad savories, puriyan or chapatiyan, rice, chutney, sweets, pickles and papad etc.

You all must be enjoying Gujarati thali and every restaurant has their own variety in the platter. Which is you favorite combo. Do not forget to mention the Thali restaurant that serves your favorite thali. :)

2. nehajagadeesh

nehajagadeesh Senior IL'ite

Hi bhavana,

yes gujrathi thali is different and very traditionally served in some of the resturants:thumbsup. i remember the last time i had it in dubai ,its rajdhani resturant in burdubai . the dhaldokli, jeerapani, 2 types of khadi, aamras, ghee rotis and sweets. it was very authentic ,delicious and mouthwatering:crazy. the cost also is very resonable 1 full thali = Dhs.22/-
    but here in bahrain i've not found that kind of resturant:spin. next time if i visit dubai i'm sure to have lunch there.

:cheers

Last edited: May 18, 2009
  3. Hetalpanchal

Hetalpanchal New IL'ite

Some of the best places to serve authentic Gujarati thalis in Ahmedabad according to me are Gordhan Thaal, Madhurya and the best of all - Karnavati Club (all in the vicinity of the S.G Highway). While I like the traditional ambience at Madhurya, the taste and the quality is at par excellence at the KARNAVATI' Sarbhara.

Which is your favorite thali restaurant in Ahmedabad.