1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Guess where in the world is this place

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Sriniketan, Oct 9, 2007.

1. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Ok, Sunkan. One thing is clear to me that your dining table is clean but not your bed!
    But you clean it everyday but me.. the dining table... may be if there is a mood to clean.
    If it has been cleaned we had to figure out where were those things and waste our time searching for it:-( . So I think it is easy to keep the things in its place:tongue , the dining table.

Sriniketan

2. Meeta

Meeta Bronze IL'ite

Hi Sri,
    Its a very funny description of DR and DT.
    Anyways, I always clean my dining table but you know what, then I keep all these things on their as usual place on the DT. It's only a four sitter one and presently I have no kids, so a little clean fron kid's stuff but other things are still there.
    Even I have a typical psychology, that if I will see beautiful things while eating, I will be in a good figure (as my attention will go to other things and I will not eat more).......don't know how true it is......but its my usual habit of cheking mail in dining table........watering my luckey bamboo (placed on DT) by one hand while eating with the other, resizing the fruits in fruit basket/checking the edibility of bananas.........(I love to buy bananas as they fill the decor of my friut basket but never feel like eating those when they are in good condition).....talking non-stop while peeping into TV channels (type of multi tasking job)...........
    I think you forgot to write about the DT's counter part (the chairs)....in my case, only two are used to sit and on the other two, I have plenty of stuffed toys and other things...............
    Regards.

3. Sriniketan

Oh my Oh my,,how I did I forget DT's counter-part the chairs, maybe, I was sitting in one of them while describing about my DT and DR.
    Thanks, Meeta for reminding me.
    From my side, this is a 6 chair sitting capacity. out of that only 4 chairs are being used--the remaining chairs have their own multi-use because one side is against the wall, the opp. one will be an hindrance for our moving, so they are being removed and used for keeping remote controls, etc in front of the TV.
    Out of the remaining 4 one is for the computer, one is for the hand-towel which my hubby uses ( he will wash his hands every now and then), earlier my husband used to keep his office things over it, luckily nowadays he doesn't.
    One will be for the newspaper junks, and junk mails and the other one will be free to the accompany the computer chair.
    But nowadays all are chairs are empty which makes the DT to be jealous of the chairs!:tongue
    I should try your idea of watching beautiful things while eating because, I am taking food in front of the TV nowadays!

Sriniketan

4. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

I too was thinking of asking about thechairs Bhargavi. I am sure the dining table is jealous of the chairs. My dining table is spotlessly clean today. can you guess correctly why???

5. Sriniketan

Dear AC,
    According to my 'puranam'==guests are coming!:clap
    Am I right?

sriniketan

6. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Hi sriniketan,

No i did not clean for veda's arrival. infact he has written it from home. that is why he has been using my id. believe me, i dont get a chance of replying. since he uses all the time that is there...:-(. (we do have a laptop and pc..but only one modem..:confused:). I have a lot to catch up right now....

Hey dont go by what veda says..he is the one who wants his kids to enjoy to the fullest. i get reprimanded for asking them to keep it clean... Books are my only weakness. and i cant sleep without a book in bed...a old habit...

your clock in the sofa is fine. you know my mobile was freezed in the freezer by my son who went to get a chocolate and left my mobile inside.....

7. sathya

sathya Gold IL'ite

hello

ya the dining table
    is full of wonderful things...!
    you can find garbage? in and garbage out..!
    when we were little kids
    my father got a cute table made
    with six chairs...something new to us
    as we ate on the floor
    and just as we were planning
    to eat decorate and of course
    what we didnt plan...to dump books etc..
    he said he is going to sell it...!
    wah wah we cried...but no use
    guess what he said....
    oh that will be one more place
    to dump clothes, books, and right the watch too....!
    and out went the table...
    but as you said sriniketan
    we are sure to have a bouquet of flowers too...
    just to show we always keep it all neat and tidy...
    always..!

sathya

8. achu

achu Bronze IL'ite

am happy 8) to read that the plight of DT ,is really dreadful,all over.....poor thing:cry:.....i thot ,i was the only one who throws anythg n evrythg on it.!!!At home , it was we children - who used it to the maximum - to keep the watch ; ribbons n rubberbands [ thats the place where amma plait my hair, while i gobble up the food in a hurry 2 rush to school] ; at times books n newspapers n our vehicle keys have a permanent place there [ nobody is botherd abt the key -stand ] ; tiffin boxes ; n all the bills.....n the list goes on....
    my mom a clean -freak must have bn tired of cleanin' it... but till 2de ....she carrys on , without giving it up:thumbsup
    and nw ,its my turn 2 clean it, n u can guess....with a toddler around...:eek..earlier in order 2 safe-guard the things fm her, i used DT as a rescue place - n now that's not possible...'coz she climbs over the chairs...2 pull out things...she doesnt spare the wardrobe...dressing table n wat not:) ...

9. Sriniketan

Shanthi, mobile in the freezer:shock:--just a doubt--did it 'ring' and how did you find it?
    we also have books in the dining table where it has become a habit otherwise something is missing!:)

Sriniketan

10. Sriniketan

Sathya, it is true that we keep plants, fruits or flowers on the dining table to show it is clean.
    my daughter is fond of candles and she has arranged her candles on the dining table as a decoration! we are afraid to remove it otherwise she will ask us to remove other 'unnecessary' things on the dining table and keep hers which is beautiful!

Sriniketan