1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Guess where in the world is this place

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Sriniketan, Oct 9, 2007.

1. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

Absolutely enjoyed reading . we are writing similar things at the same time. after you read my thread let me know what you think.

2. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Inspired by your article about the closet, this idea of the dining table came to my mind. this is the truth, whether you believe it or not, AC.

Nivedi, the size of the table doesn't count, which means that your dining table is clean and doesn't belong to the same boat as me!

Blondie, my dining table is 7 years old and still looks the same.' It must be thinking, whatever may come and go, I will be the same, forever young!

Vidukumar, happy to invite you in our boat!

Supriya, you are excused because you have a child! Don't worry you will have place in our boat, if you still continue to be the same years later, like us!

Vandhana, I am happy to see you on this boat!

Yamusarna, my husband too likes to be clean, but always misplaces things and doesn't keep things in its place but in other places like the dining table:)

sriniketan

Last edited: Oct 11, 2007
  3. Shobanag

Shobanag Bronze IL'ite

No praise necessary for me Sriniketan - the closet in my house is another story - I should respond to that thread!! Just so happens I prefer to dump in my closet than on my table!! Same problem - different solution!!:-D

4. Sriniketan

Hi Shoba,
    That's is the same thing I do when cleaning the dining table.
    My uncle used to say that we praise others when we are not in a position to perform that act of the person. I think that worked here too!:)

sriniketan

5. shree

shree Silver IL'ite

hi all,

i thought it is our dining table only. nce to hear that all of them have the same problem. i always tell my husband it is the curse for the dining table. it can't be empty. only if some guest is coming to eat in our place it will be neat. :tongue

6. krish22

krish22 Senior IL'ite

Hi ALL,

Sometimes I really feel that it is better for me if some guests say they are visiting us,sothat I clean my house and put things where they belong to.And can get some appreciation too for clean and tidy house.
    Just opposite to that if we go as guests my house will be a mess with the packing materials, wet towels tried dresses and coffee cups etc etc.I really feel not coming home after that to see the untidy house.

7. Sriniketan

Hi Shree and Krish,
    I totally agree with you friends! You echoed my feelings:tongue

Sriniketan

8. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Dear sriniketan,

When i read that post, this is what i thought veetukku veedu vasarpadi.....

in your case it the dining table only...in my case it is dining table and bed.
    my wife and son will have all the books in the world under thier pillows.
    My son thinks bed is linen basket.:bang
    When they were in muscat, you could dig out of the sofas...pencils, colors, scissors...a mini stationary shop...
    Inspite of having a separate chest for all these items.

thank god in chennai, My father is against a dining table as of now...saying that the kids should learn to eat on the floor.... otherwise the scenario would be the same

no vidivu kaalam for the bed... it is clean clutter...which both of them cannot live without......

(I am writing this from shanthi's id from chennai....hope she does not peep in.... I went back and checked the bed...there are 4 books under the pillow....:tongue)

veda

9. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

adaney parthen yennada didirnu shanthi id ley my wife and son nnu varudu, ya true veda even my kids are so fond of reading that after some experience i check with lights on to test if all is clear on my bed, then take the nap, after clearing all the stuff don't remember what all there are so many different on different days...sunkan

10. Sriniketan

It is no wonder, Mrs. Chitvish gave your ID as 'cyclic' in her 'ids and avatars'.
    You seem to use it to its full meaning, Veda!
    Go and check Shanthi must be cleaning the room before your arrival:tongue
    Luckily our bed got spared till now.
    As you had rightly said, we can get the lost stationery when cleaning our sofas too and sometimes even big things like a time-piece! you believe it or not, I found that time-piece which we were looking for a longtime and gave up.
    One day when I was praying ( not for the time-piece, but my regular routine) I heard a tick-tick sound inside the sofa and checked it to find that the lost one is being found there!
    Great place for a time-piece to hide!
    I just stopped with the dining table otherwise if I go on with it in each and every room, you might be thinking, is this a house or .....

Sriniketan