1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Guess, we need something to look forward too!!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by infinitehopes, Nov 22, 2009.

1. infinitehopes

infinitehopes Bronze IL'ite

Writing this blog may be a crazy idea...But still, this thought keeps coming to me every now and then. This has a lot to do with motivation.

I have always had a thin frame and something that can be considered a very lean and athletic figure. I have always been underweight - but healthy, not anemic. Just to give you an idea, for almost 4-5 yrs after graduation, I could easily fit into girl's zero size (US) clothes - and then I quit going to that section ! I could easily stroll from women's to girls sections without realizing that these clothes are not supposed to be for me. The point I am trying to make is, without any efforts, I always had a figure - which lot would envy.

Some of you would think - so what is the problem?

The problem is not that I am thin, the problem is that since I don't have many common interestes / habits associated with weight...most of the times I cannot relate to lot of things being said in common forums, social circle. Now a days almost everyone is talking only about - the diet they are trying, how they reduced weight, how they go to the Gym, do yoga and maintain that weight, how tough is it to maintain it. When they ask me - how I maintain myself, I have all the attention of everyone and I can really make up a story, which can paint me as a HERO - but :hide: all I have to say is - that's how I have always been. I eat everything, I don't exercise, I don't keep fast... and then everyone looks at me like a loser - probably because I have nothing to say that will give them a hint on what to do to reduce...

The other problem is, I know its important to remain healthy and exercise is the way to continue remaining healthy. But I really don't get motivated to exercise, because very rarely I find someone exercising to stay healthy. Everyone exercises to shed off some weight and then I know they will go back to their routine of not exercising and putting on weight, and will be back on (jogging) "track" again. But at least that's a motivation to exercise. For me, exercising is happiness, a way to feel healthy, fresh and alive...but I need company - coz having someone to share the same goal definitely motivates!

By God's and my parent's grace, I haven been really lucky. I am sure things will change for sometime after I have a baby, but until then, all the topics on being health concious are so out of bounds. There was a time, when I had put on some weight, but that still meant I was close to my ideal weight. My body is just so used to certain frame and weight, that it automatically sheds it off by forcing me to feel "less" hungry, automatically getting me off fried food, cheeses and so on. There was a time, I actually freaked out - on purpose - on food, with a single goal of putting on weight... but it didn't work.. I mean that's when I put on 3-4 KGs in few years.

The reason for writing this blog today is - I read a few other blogs and all of them had a goal "to shed x kg. weight" and they all talked about how they are going on some grain / no-grain diet, how they will manage eating during India trip, how their weight fluctuated during the trip, how they will go back on diet when they return, how they will miss the yummy food and so on...

To me having such a ticker will definitely motivate me. I saw the ticker factory and I realized that until I have a baby, not many tickers will motivate me... Savings was a goal, but at that I time I wasn't blogging. Now its not so much of a goal also - that I want to see progress on everyday, also - do I really want to tell all how much I am trying to save??? Not sure... may be its ok, but to me it seems a little odd to publish that kind of information. Same is the case with TTC ticker - do I want to publish all those details?

What other things can I achieve, which are so measurable?? Or am I crazy to envy people who have a goal to lose weight? Or may be, I just have too much time on hand to think about all these things :rotfl

May be I will give up on these thoughts and choose a ticker, which I still don't agree to publishing, but will publish it - to keep me motivated... I think the real need is to have someone motivate you - should you go off the track...but then, does that mean I am attention seeker or just dependent or social???:bonk

Just to note: Please do not think that I mean to offend anyone who has a ticker or is on a weight loss program. I sincerely respect them and like to keep track of their progress and wish them luck. Just read this blog as "other side of the same coin".

2. Deaf woman

Deaf woman Senior IL'ite

Infinitehopes,
    I can empathise with you on this issue because i faced the same with my friends and relatives and still do.i am in my late forties ,when people ask me how i keep up my figure ,i draw a blank and look like a dumbo when i say i don't do anything to maintain it.But still we have to thank our lucky stars for being slim .Now i want to start some exercise at least just to keep fit which i postpone indeifintely too.Good to read about people like me .
    vijji

3. infinitehopes

Dear Vijji,
    Its so nice to hear from you. I was quite skeptical to write this blog, because it sounded very much like I am going on and on about how thin I am... But I seriously used to feel - why aren't there any ads for "weight gain", why isn't there an appropriate fat diet that we can eat to reach to our target weight. You are right, we need to exercise - to keep fit.

One thing I do want to mention here - do you notice that thin people are more irritable? Sometimes I wonder, if it is because we don't get such small pleasures in life???

4. Mythraeyi

Mythraeyi Silver IL'ite

Hi,
    I wish I had your problem! May be you have a high metabolic rate and burn off calories easily. But it is good to exercise too - being thin doesn't necessarily mean being healthy - lots of thin people are diabetic, have cholesterol etc. There are lots of other things to measure - countdown to a vacation, personal finance / savings goals etc!

5. Sheebavinod

Sheebavinod Gold IL'ite

Hi dear,

You are indeed one of the lucky ones :).
    It is indeed very difficult to lose weight without any efforts and for someone like me who puts on weight if i have junkies frequently, I guess i feel lil J of you:), just kidding. BUt dear, its good to exercise irrespective of your figure because in todays mad world where we hear more of diseases than good health, its important that we maintain our health.
    Hope you find the motivation that you need in your life. All the very best.:thumbsup

6. manjulapathy

manjulapathy Senior IL'ite

Hi!
    I was (note 'was') like you. When I joined bank I was under weight. I was asked to put on weight. After two C- section also I did not gain weight. My friends used to tell me " manju you shoud add few Kgs"(they were 'J' he he!! ) I took their words seriously and I have added few KGs now. My sister who is in mid forties is very thin. People envy her. Dont worry. Thin is in!!
    Good blog! All the best!
    Manjula

7. infinitehopes

Dear Mythraeyi,
    Yes. I have a very good metabolism and sometimes people are amazed by looking at the amount of food I eat. :biglaughI enjoy their expressions !
    I agree that thin does not mean healthy. So I should start exercising.. and I have now started -although haven't begun physical exercise, but have started with some yoga. Will continue with that for some time and then add some more elements to it - like short walk and so on... May be I can keep a target of 1 hour daily ! :) Tough to achieve in Mumbai! Lets try.
    Thank you for stopping by and dropping a note.

8. infinitehopes

Dear Sheeba,

Thank you for the nice words! I am thinking of putting an exercise ticker. I read somewhere that it takes 21 days to develop a habit... So I have found my ticker ! :)

And, please don't eat junkies ! :)

9. infinitehopes

Dear Manju,

Great ! So I have a real example to belive.
    True - thin is in ... and I don't want to change that at all - except, may be reach closer to ideal weight and that too - I want to choose where I put on that additional weight ;)))

Am glad you enjoyed the blog! Thank you :)

10. infinitehopes

Dear Aquagal,

I don't like too much of sweet.. But over a period of time, this has changed and I eat sweek much more frequently than what I used to. So that could be one of the reasons.

Also, other thing that I am used to is - drinking water in the morning before rinsing my mouth... I know it sounds yuck - but it is considered to be a good practice as the juices accumulated in our mouth during night - are good for clearing our system.. and boy - it really does clean the system.. That's is one thing I have come to belive and do religiously. Am not sure if that contributes to me maintaining the weight year after year? I think the mantra to keep fit is to have a healthy stomach !

BTW, I can understand your concern - now that you are pregnant. But still, please eat balanced diet. Because only high-calorie food may not be the right food. So I am sure you are taking advice on diet. All the best and do take care. Enjoy your pregnancy !