1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Grumpy mornings :-((

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Happy2be, May 1, 2012.

1. Happy2be

Happy2be Gold IL'ite

This post, my darling dearie DD, is wholely solely dedicated to you . I just had a thought why to just keep archiving the best and the betters, I know a time has to come, in near future, when you shall, like all kids start finding your Mum and Pa…UNCOOL !! A time shall come, when you shall go willingly against our will..when you shall try to hide from us and feel the accomplishment of not being caught…:)…a time, when you shall find JUST your gang right and MumPa, as you call us as ONE…wrong. Yes, these times have to come..they came for us too . Sweetie, me and Papa do not fear those times nor do we wish to avoid them, these are laws of nature, human nature…but, just to have a weapon in our hand, just in time , just to have a proof to tease you when after years you would call me up and annoyingly tell me how your li’ll one makes you pull out your hair (as I at times tell your Nani, who doesn’t remember whether I was the same or not ), that fine day, I shall have notes for myself and you…hahaha.

So, sweeping away the 1 yr, 2 yr, 3 yr old mornings….which included little grumpy but more of naughty…excited girl, I shall come up straight to the current. here comes, just a flash of how our usual mornings are, since may be more than an year now..

Alarm rings…mums up…into the washroom..mums out and into your room.

Papa gets up too…Mumma lights up your room..gives her a hug and a kiss…wishing you Good Morning Jaan, twice or thrice till she moves a bit (mostly grumbling).

Mums off to kitchen for your breakfast and tiffin (having no clue whether you’ll have what she gives you today for breakfast…preparing quick different items daily too doesnt help many a times, like I’ll share just one, yesterday’s -

mumma gave you malai bread, you always like that…but you keep grumbling, 2 bites…clock ticking..time running…mumma too, in and out, room and kitchen. You didn’t like bread…okay what do you wish to have? milk…mumma remembers you say you don’t like warm milk on summer mornings…fine cool milk with li’ll sugar and a li’ll shake powder..you didn’t like that either…hmmmphh..made tea milk for you..you had it with a glucose biscuit and again started grumbling for the last 2 sips…you usually leave a good enough last sip.

Many a times mumma thinks and says, I won’t make anything else, specially when something that you asked for has been made but then, How can I send you empty stomach to school?! Whatever.

Back to the routine display, Papa comes up and takes you in his lap, talking to you, trying to wake you up..you are sleeping till he is soft…he gets firmer, puts you down on the floor to make you wear your slippers..you cry..you wanna sleep..we remind you “Its school time”. Its been 20 minutes by now.

You wear your slippers and have a contract with Papa, if you wear your slippers ALMOST at once, he carries you to the washroom for brushing and if you create nuisance, you walk yourself…you need to be reminded of this at least twice a week..weekdays I mean Okay he carries you to washroom…you rbush your teeth, he comes back..you come seconds later and like a pussy..making no noise at all..slip back to your bed…Now mumma’s turn.

Your breakfast is in front of you..mumma calling out…you grumbling..mumma calls…calls…firmer..firmer…5 more minutes..you are TRYING to get up and sit.

Mumma shouts..and there..you're upright with tears in eyes. Okay at times you would start eating or drinking whatver is made, at times you would say no…and there would be sessions, with papa, grandpa and at times grandma asking you not to spoil yours and other’s morning and be quick…

Tiffin is packed meanwhile. Anyone you calls you lovingly and simply teases with love, is your enemy in the mornings… lol. Somehow Mumma takes you for a bath…mostly you aren’t happy while bathing…grumpy grumpy…We get back to the room…start getting dressed up…combing your hair mean reminders again – Baby PLZZZZ dont move so much…

Wear your socks, and if you get them right in one go…Good, else again frowny grumbling kiddo. Till this moment, mumma gets irritated, so does Papa but ways of handling and expressing are different !!

School time… We 3 move out and there comes the normal happy naughty girl, but dare you remind her of her misbehaviour!!!! You would promise each day, tell me every day that you have understood it was wrong and did not help…but thats everyday.

Weekends are usually not bad morning because you wake up by yourself, at the time when MumPa still want to sleep some more…rofl. But then day passes by..with the most common kiddo thing – Mumma please not now..I wanna do this first!! Mumma I just started with this…Mumma TV, TV,TV….mumma we can study later…mumma why such a long revision…mumma no writing only speaking revision…..n on and on and on….Thats MUMMAHOOD!!

We have our good and bad times, shout and hug times, reminder and anger times, stars and black mark times. Papa, you know would speak rarely but that would be once and for all. rofl!!

Whatever it may be, when Grandma or Grandpa tell you – ” Babu, do this or don’t do this, Mumma will scold you, then dont come crying to us.” You reply back in sheer irritation…clenching your fists…MAIN MUMMA SE SABSE ZADA PYAAR KARTI HUN…DANTEGI TO BHI UNKE PAAS HI JAUNGI!!! ( i love my mom the most and even if she scolds I will get back to her only.)

We say…whatever she does or behaves, she’s still innocent..discovering adamancy and you are..and you do get confused between what’s right what’s wrong and that WHY THE HELL is it that way !

Ohh baby! …… sweet and sour soup and dishes must have, for sure, come out of this relationship, parenting kids .

1 person likes this.

2. Pallavi4me

Pallavi4me Platinum IL'ite

very well written Happy2be.

1 person likes this.
  3. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Oh that is so sweet. Yes, these are the joys and travails of parenting. We all did the same, our children will do the same and so will their children. The cycle must go on. :-D

1 person likes this.
  4. Happy2be

Happy2be Gold IL'ite

Ya..the cycle must go on to hold its charm..but I just thought of this as yesterday when I asked my mother that I remember my brother being this way..was I the same..She said..mm..not sure.
    That was a weird answer for me...What do you mean ..NOT SURE..you don't remember?? ANd I felt might be some day I too won't really remember. I don't want to tell DD when she's in my shoes that Calm down all kids are like this..I would have a proof..hahaha

2 people like this.