GRT Golden Seed-Is it Worth?

Discussion in 'Money Matters' started by SudhaManimaran, Jan 30, 2012.

1. SudhaManimaran

SudhaManimaran Bronze IL'ite

Hi,
    Is anybody know the details of GRT Golden Seed scheme.
    GRT Golden Seed is a jewellery saving scheme that lets you invest in gold in the smartest possible way. For every monthly instalment, gold is credited to your account at the prevailing rate.While buying jewelery at the end of the term we can avail benefit of no making charge and wastage up to 18% less.
    Is it worth to invest in this?
    Please pour ur views and thoughts regarding this scheme.

2. Sanguineme

Sanguineme Silver IL'ite

Hi,
    Though they say there is no wastage, they might charge a heavy making charge at the time of buying. The money is converted to gold now. But at the time of buying, they will convert this to money.
    Almost every jeweler is having this scheme. But our benefit is that we pay a very small amount of money every month which is not a burden to us. But at the end of the term, we can buy jewellery of our choice. So anyways it is a better investment.
    Go for it, not just GRT but any shop where you like to buy jewels. :thumbsup

1 person likes this.
  3. mlsruthi

mlsruthi Silver IL'ite

Hi Sudha

As Sanguine said it is not true that they less the whole charges...the only benefit is that we are saving our money every month and get a jewel..moreover its not easy to buy jewel hot cash nowadays na...

Sruthi

4. vjbunny

vjbunny IL Hall of Fame

Hi...
    I agree with sanguine...I usually plan investing around Dasara so that I have new item during Lakshmi Puja..

5. vdeepab4u

vdeepab4u Gold IL'ite

I usually join the GRT scheme in the month of January, so will buy jewels after 15 months which is exactly the month i get bonus from my office.. :thumbsup

6. malarun

malarun Gold IL'ite

Hi,

My sister(cousin) has been investing in this and she says this is a very good scheme.
    First she had put I think around 2k permonth and she got 2 earrings.
    Next tiem she invested 5 k and got 2 bangles.

What she does is she goes to the shop first selects the design, after all the negotiation she says she is taking from the scheme. So they cannot cheat her in the making charge and wasteage.

Thanks
    Malar.

3 people like this.
  7. charvihema

charvihema Gold IL'ite

:iagreeanyway keeping money with us we wil not go for purchase
    if u join scheem like this finaly
    u purchase some gold for that amount
    monthly investment like this is gud only

8. SudhaManimaran

SudhaManimaran Bronze IL'ite

Hi malarun,
    this scheme is entirely different from the older scheme of GRT.Also this was just introduced around 2 months back.
    My doubt is they are asking us to pay the amount with in 1-10 of everymonth which is allowed up to 30 th month in thier other saving scheme.
    Also they added one clause saying that we can add/delete/alter any conditions and subject to modifications given in conditions apply.
    So as far as now they are getting max of 22% for wastage and some making charge. but later on they can go up to that also. so that having doubt whether its really worth for us in making investment.

9. gopituty

gopituty Silver IL'ite

Yes GRT plan seems to be a better choice.. But cannot be compared with the plan in KFJ.. Many likes gold in GRT for sentimental reasons.. So its a good bet for them :)

10. kalpanareddy

kalpanareddy Bronze IL'ite

yes I used to do like this...