1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Growing kids and Growing Plants!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by InnerBliss, Dec 17, 2011.

1. InnerBliss

InnerBliss Gold IL'ite

Its always beautiful watching growing kids and growing plants as they leave good lessons. Few months ago, I had bought a small ‘Tulsi’ plant from the market, respecting the importance of it as a herb in our culture, and with the belief that it is good to have one plant in the home.

When I had bought that from the market, It was too small and in the small earthen pot. I kept watering it for few months and also supervising that it gets proper sunlight and air. Despite this, I did not notice any remarkable growth in it. Just before few weeks, I transferred the plant into a big pot and surprisingly, within a week, it grew few inches long and the growth soon got stagnant!

Does not it give the lesson, the plants grow as much as the earth holds them…and maybe, our kids grow (emotionally, spiritually, psychologically, etc.) as much as our love and warmth holds them.
    Is there any age limit where the urge to receive love, warmth or understanding stops? We often cherish the memories of our elders cuddling and loving us when we were kids. In our fast life, have the new generation parents continued providing same kind of warmth and feelings to their kids? We have heard, “An ounce of practice is better than the pound of knowledge”, Isn't it true that “An ounce of expression is better than the pound of emotions that we carry for others”? We speak thousands of words in a day…How many of them have soothed the young hearts of our near and dear ones?

Well, Its always beautiful watching growing kids and growing plants as they leave good lessons.

[​IMG]

We worry about what a child will become tomorrow, yet we forget that he is someone today. ~Stacia Tauscher

Have a lovely parenting time, friends :)
    Anuradha

2. Pallavi4me

Pallavi4me Platinum IL'ite

Loved it Loved it...

I cant comment about parenting.. but your post is for any relationship..
    this is very much true.. I was just discussing few min before to my friend.. people always have the urge to be loved & to be understood.. that urge never stops at any age.. and when that need is not fulfilled we become frustated / disturbed..

and I cant do anything more than agreeing to this point of yours..
    Really your posts are soul filling... keep writing...

3. Pallavi4me

Pallavi4me Platinum IL'ite

Dear Anuradha mam,

I think you have sent PM to me.. But i'm unable to access it. And I have sent friend request to you in fb.

4. sudhakrishna

sudhakrishna Gold IL'ite

Hey very nice comparisons and the word you have emphasized touched my heart. Very nice write up

5. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

There are three aspects to expression of love to a child. They are called in Sanskrit as Dharsan (Physical presence), Sparisan(touch) and Sambhasan (conversations). The child understands mother's love through her presence, the way she holds the child and her conversations with the child. The mother continues to talk to a child knowing fully well the child does not understand a word of what she was saying. But it builds a significant bond between the mother and child. Studies of many years have come to the conclusion that plans behave the same way. If we walk closer to the plant, keep talking about how well they are growing near the plant and touch the leaves fondly, they react positively to such feelings of humanity. On the contrary, if we go near a plant and react sharply that it is not growing properly and we have to remove it, the plant responds negatively.

Love is a universal duty and obligation and every life that is created has a duty and obligation to love. There is no power greater than love in this world because it is selfless and pure. Love is ananda; love is power; love is light; love is God. Love helps you to see God in everyone, everyone as divine. Love is the basic nature that sustains human being and strengthens his resolve to march ahead. Without love man is blind; the world for him will be a dark and fearsome jungle. Every human being needs love, inhales and exhales love. Love is the basic breath; every one is the embodiment of Love. Love knows no fear; it seeks no rewards; love is its own reward. When it is directed towards God, it is called Bhakthi. Love removes all egoism; the self is forgotten, it is superseded, it is transcended.

6. mssunitha2001

mssunitha2001 IL Hall of Fame

Dear innerbliss

Are they your kids ? They look so loving ya.

7. InnerBliss

InnerBliss Gold IL'ite

Thank you Pallavi. Your words are really 'boosting up' to the spirit. Thanks dear for your precious feedback:)

8. InnerBliss

InnerBliss Gold IL'ite

Dear Pallavi,

Thank you for the add. I loved adding you on my facebook page too. :)

The PM also says 'thanks' to you for your beautiful request and that I never felt that you are 'not' on my list of IL friends. Good, I got you :)

You dont need to call me 'mam' :)

9. InnerBliss

InnerBliss Gold IL'ite

Thank you Sudhakrishna. Thanks for your precious comments. I am happy that you liked it. :)

10. InnerBliss

InnerBliss Gold IL'ite

Oh my God, each and every word that you have written is so powerful and gives great meaning. It is the great privilege to know your knowledge and understanding on Love. Thank you for sharing your valuable thoughts. I would always look forward to get the spiritual access through you and share your outlook whenever I would get chance. Thank you dear IL friend for dropping your thoughts here. You can certainly write one blog on this. You have a beautiful and lovely day :)