1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Grooming By Teachers In Us Public Schools, What Should Indian Parents Do?

Discussion in 'Schoolgoers & Teens' started by rosequeen, May 11, 2022.

1. rosequeen

rosequeen Bronze IL'ite

Unfortunate if you feel that way, I always try to post what is relevant and verified. Also quite unfortunate that many Indian ladies in the US (specially those who consider themselves educated, liberated, open minded etc.) are living in some kind of la-la land matrix world, where any and every advice that sounds 'traditional' or 'religious' is somehow anti-women and regressive and all kinds of stupid advice said in 'liberal' and 'inclusive' tone is good.

On similar boy-girl issues, I was talking to some ladies with daughters on how high school girls in the US get pressured into having relations with BF's, else BF breaks up with the girl. They were all nodding their head till I mentioned we did not face this pressure in India due to 'cultural values'. Those two words were enough to trigger these ladies into long rant about how regressive Indian parents and society is and how girls have no freedom etc. They began to deny there was any pressure on their daughters and things are all fine and having relations in high school is perfectly OK.

Even with LGBT topics similar mentality is at play. Ladies have been told by media and 'liberal friends' that patriarchy and tradition makes people hate these groups, so immediately every crazy LGBT idea is embraced. Anyone that has a problem is deemed a 'hater'. Suddenly boys and girls touching each other is OK for diversity, trans girls (biological boys) touching anyone is OK etc.

I have decided for my boys, its better to be labeled a 'hater' and focus on education and career instead of getting exposed to these ideas

2. MadhuRK

MadhuRK Silver IL'ite

Oh god. I have a long and steep learning curve. Just learning that there is an "r" word.

I went to the principal ready to get that teacher fired, because my kid as well as a handful of the 4-5 year old kids in her class had all been yelled at, screamed-at for weeks and even most critically, been judged as "failures" in the only age when they can escape judgement. I was so livid because for weeks my daughter refused to go to school and this "you are a failure" literally broke the camel's back so to speak.

Finally I left it at: this teacher should be warned/fixed or else someone in this school will have hell to pay for my happy daughter turning depressed about frigging Pre-Kindergarten in one of those 1.5K/Month private schools.

I find it hard to imagine that veteran teachers can suddenly have a change in habits and behaviors because someone "reported" unsafe behavior. These habits don't change even for people who practice fluid-mind methods for decades. Therefore IMHO this is a bad apple and so bad apples need to go. Ofcourse I can also teach these kids how to handle good apples vs bad apples.

@Rihana I learnt a lot from the reporting vs tattling, thanks for sharing the link. Will keep it in mind to tone-down future school comms ! Dreading at the thought of it.

chanchitra and Rihana like this.
  3. rosequeen

rosequeen Bronze IL'ite

That was the point I was trying to make, clear hypocrisy as media/golf associations are telling everyone some 'ladies have periods and some don't' but when Lydia said 'ladies' media reported it as 'normalizing' periods in 'women's sports' cleanly forgetting their own prior statements

4. rosequeen

rosequeen Bronze IL'ite

That's the problem, there is no middle ground here, once you support them publicly, you are agreeing to complete normalization of every crazy idea including 'pedophilia'. US politics is getting more polarized, its this camp or that camp. I am publicly in the 'haters camp' although privately I warn my kids about these groups but also teach about how ancient India had separate and special place for these groups. (Shikandi in Mahabharata)

Last edited: May 14, 2022
  5. chanchitra

chanchitra Platinum IL'ite

Ok .so LGBT is not an idea. Their brain is wired differently. They are born in wrong bodies. They didn't choose to be LGBT.
    Everyone has the right to live as they want.
    You have no idea the amount of stress that they undergo in their lives.
    A man with a woman's brain and vice versa is so painful
    They are trapped in wrong bodies.

Thankfully Society has changed a lot here. There is so much stigma still in many countries, ex: india. They are ostracized, ridiculed, raped
    They don't get jobs inspite of being educated.

MalStrom likes this.
  6. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

The hypocrite seems to be you. You claim you are rabidly against LGBT but you seem to have no qualms using them to score political points.

chanchitra likes this.
  7. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

8. lavani

lavani Platinum IL'ite

@rosequeen are you sure. do you have proof. this i consider as a big deal. i know my kid in nj had some biology classes in grade 4. they talk about men physiology and removed the boys alone when it was for girls specific. my son told in details about it to my dh and me. some of items were kinda curious questions.

but teacher secretly teaching pleasuring each other without parents approval. if this happened i consider serious. i would even go till the principal or the board of education of that county.

sarvantaryamini likes this.
  9. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

LOL that these things do not exist in India. You just weren’t aware of them. Even 30 years ago when I was in high school there were plenty of shenanigans going on. A certain doctor’s name was often whispered about when some girls faced a delicate problem.

10. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

Nice values you’re teaching your kids, demonizing entire groups of people.

chanchitra likes this.