1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Groom Richer Than Bride

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by shravs3, Jan 21, 2021.

1. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

Very true. Some people will still explicitly ask how much the bride’s parents plan to give, or state a list of demands. Many in my community consider themselves too polished to ask for dowry outright. Instead they will present it as “don’t you want your daughter to enjoy a certain standard of living”? Yeah right, we do. Just not with your family.
    My grandfathers were relatively timid gentlemen but both my grandmothers had a ferocious nose for nonsense like this and there are legends of several scenes they had caused during wedding discussions when demands arose.

2. Mistt

Mistt IL Hall of Fame

She has to live with in-laws means your cousin parents need to think twice. May be they want the most obedient Dil that's why they approached to your cousin parents.

Lalithambigai likes this.
  3. Mistt

Mistt IL Hall of Fame

Dowry system still exist in our community especially in arranged marriages. Howmuch we need to give to groom depends on Bg's family status and his designation. I don't know when all these social problems going to end in India.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2021
    KashmirFlower likes this.
  4. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

Yes @DDream.

They did enquire about the guys family and all were positive. Only after that they agreed for the proposal.
    But even then most of the true colours come only after marriage.
    As it’s a joint family I’m sure she has to get adjusted.
    She said she spoke to the guy and found him to be nice.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2021
  5. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

Yes that’s what I’m also thinking. They haven’t stressed on dowry but did tell that it’s their wish to give whatever they want for their daughter.

The guys parents indeed convey that they are mainly looking for a girl who is good and get along well with their family.

6. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

Hahaha can you believe me once a guy itself asked me something similar to that and obviously I had to reject him :sweatsmile:
    I also felt he was very arrogant :smirk:

Very true!!

She is interested to do something after marriage as she is passionate about following her hobbies.

Anusha2917 likes this.
  7. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

Yes that’s the norm especially for arranged marriage.

But this family is not too much into dowry and looking something like your friend’s family who want a DIL who has good values and who adapts well to their family.

They have also done a background check which looks positive. So hopefully things turn out well.