grocery shopping..

Discussion in 'Shopping/Restaurants in Bangalore' started by easy, Feb 1, 2010.

1. easy

easy Gold IL'ite

hi,
    Recently i bgt sugar in a nearby mall.. it costed me 43rs /kg..just a packed sugar not branded ones..OMG look at the price inflation :thumbsdown i have become suddenly conscious of what and where i buy ..

and i saw one ad which comes along with TOI for More mall (birla group) they are selling sugar at 39 rs..
    just wondering where do ILites shop for groceries ..which of the shops/mall is better for quality and cost .Total /More/ Reliance/ Big bazaar..

any inputs?:)

thanks
    prabha

2. upfsabari

upfsabari IL Hall of Fame

I prefer to buy groceries in the nearby shops rather than in any malls. It is very cheap comparing to the ones sold at malls..

3. incharge

incharge Bronze IL'ite

I often compare prices at the malls as well as grocery shops before buying.Easyday mall has just opened in our area, and prices of grocery items like sugar, dals, rice is reasonable there.sugar(loose)was rs.30/-Tur dal.Rs.65/-.But one has to be careful as prices of one item may have been reduced, but somewhere else, if you are not careful, you end up spending a lot more.:)
    For e.g.last year,I ended up spending rs.35/-for a small pkt of cinnamone which should have been for just rs.7/-:rant
    once you are out of the mall, it is difficult to go back and argue.so now I have made it a habit to check each and every item in the bill before leaving the counter to avoid overbilling also to check if I am not paying for items I havent purchased.that too happened a couple of times.:hide:
    buying from the malls have an advantage, that you come to know about the new products, and get everything under one roof.

4. easy

easy Gold IL'ite

nowadays i found a easy way to shop groceries and veggies..thro' big basket.com.the quality is good and they deliver at home based on the slot you book...so i really find it convenient..ofcourse not compared the prices with mompop shops or reliance/more/big bazaar