1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Gripe Water

Discussion in 'Infants' started by RUTVARAM, Oct 17, 2016.

1. RUTVARAM

RUTVARAM Junior IL'ite

My mom told to give gripe water to my lo 3 times daily. But DH told not to give. Give it in SOS method. That is when lo cries for stomach pain only we have to give. What shall I follow. Senior people suggest me. How to give

2. aarthi28

aarthi28 Platinum IL'ite

Hey, Nothing wrong in giving Gripe Water. We will come to know whether it is accepted by child's health or not in few days itself. There are no side effects at all and the cases of allergies are very rare. I am continuing to my kid who is 2 Years now. I would also suggest Bonnison which is equivalent of Gripwater version which is a Himalaya Herbal's product. How come we would know that the Infant is having stomach ache or not ? It is not possible right?
    Please continue and it does not have any side effects.

3. teejay

teejay Gold IL'ite

I never gave gripe water to my DS. Though MIL wanted me to give, my DH was against it. Gave only the drops prescribed by the pead.That too, only when DS was crying/showing discomfort. I must have given it about 7-8 times in total. I dont have any practical knowledge about gripe water.

KashmirFlower, guesshoo and SrDoctor like this.
  4. KashmirFlower

KashmirFlower IL Hall of Fame

Pediatric in India told strictly "no" for gripe water for my son. But My son didn't have any digestion problem.
    But when I felt he was not digesting similac 2 (which is for 6 + months babies) , I mixed one ounce more water than what is said on the milk tin. That solved the problem.

I don't know if baby has colic problem, and gripe water can solve it.

But if your baby is fine without that, what is the need to give a medicine unnecessarily?

Ask your child doctor and then give, if he/she thinks it helps.

Sparkle likes this.