Grievences & Appreciations about Gynacologists

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by grajani, Jul 30, 2007.

1. grajani

grajani New IL'ite

Hey all,
    I am new to IL.I find the forums really useful.
    I have a big dilemma.I am 9 weeks pregnant.My due date is on Feb 26.We have to retrun to india in the month of May.

Being a winter baby will there be any problem.Since May in chennai is peak summer.
    Please i need help to decided whether i shud have my delivery here or back in india.

thanks a lot.
    rajani.

2. sowminivibu

sowminivibu Silver IL'ite

Re: Delivery in US or India?

hi rajani

well congrats on ur pregnancy and i feel there shudnt be any problems in u haveing ur delivery in chennai..well may is hot but ofcoz we guys always have all kinds of facilities and moreover it wud b btr as u wud get lot more help frm others if u r in chennai....so do think abt it and decide accordingly..all the best..

lov
    sowmi

3. sihi

sihi Senior IL'ite

Dear Rajani,

Congrats on your pregnancy!!! Since you guys will be going back in May...I would say it will be better and easier for you have the delivery in India. That way you can get help from your mom there and also no need to worry about travelling back with baby and all that.
    All the best and enjoy your pregnancy!

Regards,
    Sihi

4. shefali75

shefali75 New IL'ite

I would recommend having baby in U.S. (1) Hospitals are more comfortable and clean - there are so many course and class you could take to show you how to handle new born baby which i think you don't get that in India.(2) there are so many people to help you and if you don't know anyone then you could hire some Indian old lady to look after you and your baby. (3) baby will get U.S. passport and social security - i don't know how important that is for you and your family. Child will have open door for U.S. and India where ever she decide to reside when she get older.

I hope this help
    shefali

5. sunitha

sunitha Gold IL'ite

I agree with Sihi and Sowmi. It would be easier to have the delivery in India with all the help around easily available.If you go to a good hospital in India,all that Shefali mentioned,you can get there.I have had my delivery in Chennai 5 yrs back and I can vouch for that.But if the U.S. citizenship is important to you,then you can decide on delivery here itself.It is finally your choice,but if you are having doubts about hospital facilities in India,I can tell you that there are good hospitals there and so that is not a concern.

6. Amicable

Amicable Senior IL'ite

Hi, First of all congratualtions. In my view, you should get your baby deliver here, I know you might not have lots of help specially after post delivery. But in this country there is paternity leave system. And if your husband want he can also take some time off to look after the baby, so you can recover fast. My reason to have baby in US, because the hospitals are very clean and good care availble. In US... environment is very clean and less infection. By the time, you and your husband move back to India, baby will be atleast somewhat strong enough to live in Indian environment. I am sure, you are worried being alone and need specially your mother nearby you at that time. Why don't you try for her visitor visa, if possible?

Yes, baby will have always door open for US, if S/he born in US. Why not give kids opportunity if its availble easily. Good Luck with pregnancy.

7. grajani

grajani New IL'ite

thanks a lot for all ur suggestion.it helped us in deciding.

We have decided to have delivery here .My parents will be here to help us out.

8. preeti09

preeti09 New IL'ite

India or US...

Hi ladies....

Can anybody tell me the pros and cons of delivering baby in USA as against INDIA ..? Is Dual Citizeship available in India ?

9. Mythraeyi

Mythraeyi Silver IL'ite

Re: India or US...

Hi,

I guess the biggest pro for having a baby in the US is that (s)he is automatically a US citizen - no need to go thru the hassle of getting a green card. If you plan to live in the US long term it is probably best to have your baby here.

Mythraeyi

10. lalithasai

lalithasai Senior IL'ite

Re: India or US...

Yes, Dual citizenship is available in India. I don't know the details but Indians can opt for dual citizenship in India.