1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Grey matter

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by natpudan, Feb 27, 2010.

1. knot2share

knot2share Gold IL'ite

Now Now...Senior you are colouring your hair to look Junior!!
    IL ladies munnadi more impression panna idea is it?? :)

That was so funny and I can well imagine that guy's face
    soaked in embarassment..pavam. Enna pannalum he was
    getting hit in all directions...hehehh. Kids are really smart
    and one can never be prepared enough for such situations.
    By the way, veetle ellarkkum theriyuma neenge colour
    panreenge nu???

2. Padmini

Padmini IL Hall of Fame

Dear Nats,
    A very hilarious one!! ( though not like mine:)kidding)
    By your narration, I felt as if I am seeing that man in front of me !!!Poor fellow! He had the shock of his life. BTW, Nats, are you that much old to colour your hair or early greying? Any way, that visit gave an opportunity for us to enjoy your visit to saloon!!! Here I just wanted to recall my experience in the beauty parlor( Sorry) Once when I entered the parlor for dyeing my hair ( without which I will die), I saw one cute little girl sitting for her turn. I was perplexed because if she passes some comments I have to:hide:. She called me ," Patti, you have also come here to trim your hair"? For this I gave a smile in reply, cursing my grey hair. After applying dye, I expected some damaging comments from this angel.I wanted to leave the place atonce. But the girl said, " Aunty( note the change in addressing) now you are looking so beautiful so always come here only O.k. I heaved asigh of relief and rushed home!!!!
    with love
    pad

3. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Nats,

Sorry i am late to the saloon, sorry yr post:rotflYes u have good quality grey cells eh ! Even i am grey, rather, black and white, but i dont dye, for i dont want to die yyar with the cancer they say that comes from these dyes.

Uncle to dadaji back to uncle eh ! HAHA.You are too much yaar, that is why i told u to write, and see i have been proved right.

I now go to a unisex parlour down the lane, AC, 100 bucks for shampoo, haircut, and some light 5 minute massage, and pretty babes to look at oo, i like the mothers more than the daughters, so paisa vasool.

In my childhood days, the parlours used to have Illustrated weekly magazine, and i would love to read the phantom strips, Sad Sack etc.

the other day i saw an old man, 70 maybe, getting a facial, pedicure and manicure by females, and he must have spent a 1000 or more, Nats.

So that uncle turned into a grandson i tell u, also hairdye, where the helldo people get so m,uch money to burn.:rotfl

Great one.Regards

kamal

4. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

hahaha nats,that was a jolly good peek into a men's salon:)

Well...though i would like to say that grey does not matter I am a very truthful person and must confide that there are days when i do not like it ....and those are the days that i try to come up with something smart(to make myself feel better,no doubt)and think that it is the "grey cells" that matter the most .:)

Last edited: Feb 28, 2010
  5. natpudan

natpudan Gold IL'ite

Radhika,

You are right. It's not me alone in such a situation, most men are like that. :bonk

Oh please let him have, his time alone.:)

Ha how nice it would be to remain as children itself, but I will miss those magazines naa? :biglaugh

Good to know that you liked it. I shall keep bothering you with more.:)

6. natpudan

natpudan Gold IL'ite

Hello Junior,

I am victim of hereditory inheritance only in the form of grey hair & not anything else other than my dad's brain. :)

Having been in the gulf for long, that too added to the greying.

I do color & my family is aware, very much. Infact my younger one is very fond of coloring and she would try all sorts of things on me, and she will make sure that she is compensated for the work she does. Very smart girl. :)

No acting young. I am an open book. :)

7. natpudan

natpudan Gold IL'ite

Pad Ma,

Thank you for coming back after a bit of home work. Hope it was not the dyeing by self-learning exercise and you would realise that the hands get colored than the hair. :rotfl

Pad Ma definitely your better than me in humour & in greying as well -Paatti Ma sorry Aunty from now on. :biglaugh That was really cool at your saloon.

Thanks Ma for sharing your experience.

For me it's greying at young age for which I have no complaints.

8. natpudan

natpudan Gold IL'ite

Kamalji,

For 100 bucks you have full range of entertainment & that too with the moms - no risk of any sort naa? Very good approach.:)

For 1000 bucks grandpa to grandson - avataar of all sorts possible.

When Kamalji spends only 100 and has a free lunch on the mom's, the grandpaa's need to spend 1000, the girls have to survive Kamalji. :thumbsup

Thank you Kamalji for visiting the saloon. Sorry the grandpaa took the magazine away - better luck next time Kamalji. :biglaugh

Last edited: Feb 28, 2010
  9. Tubelight

Tubelight Bronze IL'ite

Hi Nats !
    No grey doesnt matter on the outside, so long as theres plenty of it inside.

Though fictitious, the little boy's innocence is so cuuuute !:biglaugh
    As others have pointed out, little girls these days are very smart and know more about cosmetics and salons than their mothers. So no fear of inconvenient questions. And that boy will also will remain fictitious now. Because hair dyes, which were once all hush-hush , done in utter secrecy and never spoken about,are now all over television, print and hoardings. Its no longer a dirty secret, but a regular routine. So kids also accept that as a fact of life. So sad, no mysteries ( like dadaji becoming unclejis magically) left in modern chilhood !

Olden days or modern, the selection of magazines in salons seem to remain constant. My theory is that after the customer has perused a few pages of these, he will be in such a benevolent mood that he will not fight with hairdressers for a faulty cut or an exhorbitant bill.:thumbsup

10. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Haha...fictionous character seemed real Natpudan.
    Enjoyed it..
    One time an Indian shopkeeper commented to me..that..."don't think otherwise..your dh seems more older than this brother" (who visited with us to the shop) She commented on the grey matter outside...and not the inside..:) But one secret she doesn't know is my BIL dyes his hair..

sriniketan