1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Green gram or besan for bathing toddlers?

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by Vijayarahini, Dec 30, 2013.

1. vathsala30

vathsala30 Platinum IL'ite

sure dear. we also prepare udambu podi to bath toddlers with herbs but i dont think in your place u get those things as we get here in nattu marunthu kadai. Its fragrance is so nice and pure herbal bathing powder.

1 person likes this.
  2. vathsala30

Hi Neelu, I am fine and glad to see your msg after a long time. That is not my grand daughter but an uploaded pix. I am blessed with a grandson and he is 6 months old
    Hope satvik and lahari are keeping good

1 person likes this.
  3. Vijayarahini

Vijayarahini Bronze IL'ite

Aunty, can you tell me the procedure and things to use for that herbal powder. I will ask my parents to make and send it to me. Thanks in advance.

4. breeze01

breeze01 Platinum IL'ite

you use calendula for daily use.. it is pricey but whats important than baby safety... after i seen the news about cancer news with johnsons shampoo.. i am not feeling free to use it... i dont know if it do make a change changing the products now as my kid is 22 months... but do want to give it a try.. please pass me your advice... you did already gave me reply but i am still not convenced..:(:(..

5. ramyaramani

ramyaramani Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I used to use California Baby products. Now I use Johnsons Creamy Wash with Shea butter and Cocoa butter. It does not have quanternium-15. I do alternate between Mustela (since I feel it leaves a certain stickiness/oiliness in my 30 month old DD's hair) and Johnsons Baby shampoo.

The quantity of chemicals in these products does not exceed the EU safety limit for products. So it should be considered safe (hopefully). We still dont have the exact statistic in terms of how many people got cancer because of using this particular product. People are saying that a particular chemical causes cancer. Today, the research says this causes cancer. Tomorrow we don't know what the research will say.

Trust your motherly instincts and choose the product that you feel will work for your child.

1 person likes this.
  6. breeze01

breeze01 Platinum IL'ite

thanks so much for your reply...

7. vathsala30

why not vijaya?

the ingredients are, vettiveru, vilamichaveru, kichali kizhangu, kora kizhangu, vasambu, avaram poo kasturi manjal, magizhampoo, chandana kattai, vempalam pattai, red chandanam, and green gram , grind them to a fine powder and use 1 teaspoon powder for each bath,

2 people like this.