1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

GREEN CHILLIES have more Vitamin C per gram than an ORANGES and...

Discussion in 'Indian Diet & Nutrition' started by 4mangopeople, Mar 9, 2010.

1. 4mangopeople

4mangopeople Silver IL'ite

Hello Ladies

Chillies grown around the world are used as a spice, vegetable and as a medicine. Chillies have been a part of human diet about 7000 BC. Chillies are eaten raw or cooked for it's fiery hot flavor.

The stem end of the pod has most of the glands that produce the capsaicin. The white flesh surrounding the seeds contains the highest concentration of capsaicin.

Chilly plant leaves mildly bitter in taste are cooked as greens in some parts of the world.

Green chillies have more Vitamin C per gram than Oranges.

Green chillies have more antioxidant, beta-carotene than a carrot, which support cardiovascular system. It also helps maintain the health of eyes, skin and immune system.

Green chillies releases natural opiates endorphins that reduces the pain.

Green chillies help provide relief from migraines and cluster headaches, lowers the cholesterol.

The healing quality of chillies intensifies the body's metabolic activity, helps to burn the body fat and calories, which in turn helps to reduce the weight.

Dried chillies are rich in Vitamin A whereas green chillies are rich in Vitamin C.

Green chillies are also rich in Vitamins Band E are a good source of iron and potassium.

The capsaicin in the green chillies helps dissolve blood clots and aids in digestion.

Capsaincin creams are also used as anti-inflammatory medicine to treat arthritis.

When eaten, green chillies releases endorphins that boosts the mood.

Green chillies act as decongestant, helps in lung and sinus problems.

Chillies help prevent serious problems like prostate cancer, cancer etc.

Chillies for its nutritional benefits does not have fat and cholesterol.

Go for the tiny green chilly for its mighty benefits.

2. Jaishree123

Jaishree123 Senior IL'ite

hi 4Mangopeople

very good info
    my husband eats lot of chilli..he can even eat raw chilli while eating food..but I used to object it saying it can harm his health..but now you have given me lot of benefits of chilli..so I m feeling good that its not so bad.

Jaishree

3. saipavani123

saipavani123 Silver IL'ite

Am too the same. I can eat raw chilly happily :tongue .

Hey using which one is better for health? Green chilli or Red chilli ??

4. suryayasaswini

suryayasaswini Silver IL'ite

Hi very informative,
    thanks for sharing.
    Hi pavani green chilli is better. i mostly use green chillies instead of red chillies or chilli powder in curries.

5. 4mangopeople

Hi saipavani

Green chilli scores well over red chilli. Go for green.

6. libra4164

libra4164 Silver IL'ite

Hi Mango,
    I love to top my food with green chillies. I didn't know it had so many benefits. Thanks for sharing.

7. umathiru

umathiru Silver IL'ite

hi

thks for the info...is it go same to green capsicums?

8. 4mangopeople

Hi Libra

Good morning. Happy to read your reply. Since the time I posted the thread on green chillies my tolerance to chillies has risen tremendously, I must say everything is in the mind. Unless we try something beyond our knowledge, there is no scope for improvement or learning. I keep digging and digging until I stumble upon something new daily.

Good day.

9. 4mangopeople

Hi Uma

The many varieties of capsicum's can be red, green, orange, yellow, white and purple. Green peppers are more spicy and bitter than the red, orange and yellow peppers. Red peppers have more vitamins and nutrients, contain antioxidant lycopene than green peppers. The level of another oxidant carotene is nine times higher in red peppers than green. Red peppers have twice the vitamin C content than green peppers. Orange peppers contain even more vitamin C and A, are more juicy and sweet, can be eaten raw without having discomfort of digestion by weight watchers.

10. libra4164

libra4164 Silver IL'ite

Hi, Mango,
    This is more good news.The colourful capsicums are tasty and very handy to be eaten raw. I did not know they were that nutritious.Thank you very much for your posts.