1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Green Card?

Discussion in 'Immigration Matters' started by EagerForInfo, Apr 10, 2016.

1. EagerForInfo

EagerForInfo Gold IL'ite

I am a US citizen. My husband got green card and citizenship through me in 5 years of marriage life. The second he got his citizenship he is planning on bringing his abusive parents and brother to live here with us and applying for greencard for them. I don't mean to be rude but I want to raise my kids the way I want without nuisance from them.

What can I do to prevent them from coming here. What options do I have? What options does my husband to bring them here?

2. EagerForInfo

EagerForInfo Gold IL'ite

3. sumalynux

sumalynux IL Hall of Fame

Hi

Did u discuss with ur dh that you are not comfortable in his people coming??

Try convincing your dh, but if its going to create rift in ur marriage its not worth the fight.

Also not all greencard application will be successful, there are lot of parameters n takes lotss of time to get approved.

But lastly it hppns you can stay in different city with your family and be away from them

Relax dear..

4. aspha

aspha Gold IL'ite

Your MIL will get GC in 3-5 months but ur BIL will have to wait. Siblings GC take anywhere from 2 years to 13-15 years! I know this because, my MIL's bro applied for her GC in 2014 and the current date for GC filed by sibling for his/her sibling is 2001.! But now my SIL is applying for her GC and she will receive it with 3-5 months

Relax, if ur MIL abuses you in any form you can call the police or call 911 any kind of abuse or police complaint results into cancellation/revoking of GC/citizenship (if you are naturalized citizen)