1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Greatest gift is found in the heart of friends

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Oct 22, 2009.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Making friends is easy but keeping the friendship till the end is a great thing. Though friends do not meet often after marriage but if their friendship is true it continues till the end.

A friendship can survive most things and thrive in a desert but it needs some letters and phonecalls.

Isnt it a nice feeling when you think I have forgotten u and suddenly u receive a msg saying u are always remembered greatly missed.

If friends know each other well even if they dont meet or keep in touch the love between them is always there. Nothing in nature is for itself. Rivers dont drink water, trees dont eat fruit, sun does not give heat for itself, living for others is the purpose and gift of life.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2009

2. Yashikushi

Yashikushi Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Oh! Viji Ma you are always remembered.Greatly missed!!
    Hitting back with rememberance.
    After the marriage our friendship(seven of us) was broken in midway but still we commemorate through our thoughts.No phone calls,letters.The binding...the understanding.In my friends, I find a second self.
    Ah, how good it feels! The hand of an old friend.I count myselt in nothing else so happy as in a soul remembering my good friends,my best antiques.
    Nothing in nature is for itself..the essence of true friendship.
    Thanks for recalling me.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2009
  3. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Saroj

Thanks so much for the first fb. I was missing all my friends here so this was just a small note to remember all my friends here, one of whom is you. I have no words to express my feelings seeing your first fb. Usually at this time I dont get time to log in but just thought let me see if there is reply to my post and so glad that you had given the fb.

Good to know you also value the friendship.

love
    viji

4. Sudha Kailas

Sudha Kailas IL Hall of Fame

Viji mami, how can we forget a wonderful and inspiring person like you !!!!
    I still keep telling my husband that today mami wrote to us and somedays if we dont see you tell him that also.
    Since the last 2 days some problems with network and I cannot access emails from office and so taking time now to check.
    Got your email and will write to you tomorrow.
    Lovely concept again and good to have you back in a bang !!!!

5. Jpatma

Jpatma Silver IL'ite

Hi Viji,
    Tq for writing a small note, as you said some friends we don't need to see or call, it is still there in the hearts.
    Please enjoy the time you are having with your grandkids, do not worry, in IL you will always be remembered.
    Jaya

6. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Viji,
    Nice to see you here...seems you are getting busy with your grandkids..
    Write about them in the snippets..Enjoy yourself...no worries..you are always in our hearts..

sriniketan

7. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

dear viji,

knowing how busy you are now with the grandkids i was surprised to see a post from you..anyway like the others have said..you are TOO SPECIAL to be forgotten that easily...IL will always be there..you enjoy yourself with the kids now:)

8. shakambari

shakambari Platinum IL'ite

Nice to see a new post from you,Viji.:)

Friendship is indeed to precious a thing and we know that as we feel it

in our hearts.

9. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Viji,

so well said.About the river and the sun,

i feel the best time to reneiw ties with forgotton friends, is to call them on Diwali to wish them or the new year, it takes juist a few minutes of talk, and with phone calls at 1/- a min these days, it is so cheap, and so effective to make up.

Regards

kamal

10. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sudha

Glad to hear from you. Thanks for your reply. I miss IL very much and good friends here. Try to log in atleast once in a day. Since Gopika is with us , she keeps us busy. Dont know how the time flies.

love
    viji