Great Shopping and Eating Out Options

Discussion in 'Shopping/Restaurants in Delhi' started by BandanaSen, Apr 22, 2010.

1. mallika22

mallika22 New IL'ite

Hi Bandana
    I read about your write up about the M Block Market, GK I.
    In fact the N Block Market is equally famous. It has two stores of the well known quality ethnic store Fab India – one dealing in dress material and the other stocking furnishings. Other good stores are Kilol, Tulsi, Cottons and there is even a Ravi Bajaj store.
    There are a few high end stores selling high end beauty products like Forest Essentials and <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:placeName w:st="on">Urban</st1:placeName> <st1:placeType w:st="on">Shore</st1:placeType>, <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">London</st1:place></st1:City>. Since the neighbourhood is one of the upmarket localities of <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Delhi</st1:place></st1:City>, the stores are sure of a regular clientele. Other popular stores include The Shoe Shop for quality footwear and Bamboo Store which sells home furnishing made of bamboo.

2. sweetsanjam

sweetsanjam Senior IL'ite

Khan market at <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:Street w:st="on"><st1:address w:st="on">Lodi Road</st1:address></st1:Street> is one of the premier markets of <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Delhi</st1:place></st1:City>. It has everything from eats to home furnishings to books and is therefore a favorite with the expat and diplomat community of <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">New Delhi</st1:place></st1:City> for providing almost everything at one place.
    Khan market has good garments shops like FabIndia, Bizarre, Cooptex and Anokhi as well as outlets selling well known brands like Levi’s, Nike, Benetton and Reebok. The market is equally well known for its book shops especially The <st1:Street w:st="on"><st1:address w:st="on">Full Circle</st1:address></st1:Street> and Bahrisons.
    As far as eats are concerned, you can turn to Khan Chacha’s delicious kebabs (the place was closed for a few days recently over ownership hassels). Other popular eateries are the Café Turtle and The Big Chill.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2010
  3. Vrindavipul

Vrindavipul Bronze IL'ite

you guys are great.................... gave so much of information. I am planning for vacation in May last week. I will use the information provided by you guys.

Thanks a lot.

4. amritasharma

amritasharma Senior IL'ite

I have purchased some of my fine jewelry from Tanishq Showroom at Preet Vihar. Tanishq is one of the most famous fine jewelry brands in India. It offers earrings, pendants, rings, chains, necklaces, bangles, bracelets, armlets and anklets. This lavish store remains open from 10.30 am to 8.30 pm throughout the week. I love their vast collection of gold, silver, platinum and diamond jewelry. The contact details are: Address: G-18, Preet Vihar, Vikas Marg, Delhi-110092.
    Phone No: +91-11-69419606, 43545900, 43545934
    We often stop for an IceCream at Royal Ice-Cream and Fast Food at DDCA Complex, Randhani Enclave, Opposite ICICI Bank.

5. sushmasrivastav

sushmasrivastav Bronze IL'ite

If you are looking for value for money, Sarojini Nagar Market is your best bet. Sarojini Nagar Market has everything you need from green vegetables to inner wear to wedding saris to kids garments to clothes, footwear, to bedcovers and crockery and kitchen essentials to accessories, bags and imitation jewellery – and all these at very reasonable prices. What is more, even if you have only rudimentary bargaining skills, you can whittle down the price quite a bit.
    It is therefore no wonder that the market is a hot favorite with the college going crowd. Just like shopkeepers in the Janpath area, here too the shopkeepers keep abreast of the latest trends among the youngsters and are sure to stock them.
    As far as eats are concerned, the market has a couple of restaurants. My own favorite is the food van right at the entrance of the market. I make it a point to have chowmein from the fellow every time I visit the market.

6. nutangill

nutangill New IL'ite

I am quite fond of Biryani and korma. Recently my dear friend who stays in the walled city area took me on a trip to Bara. It is popularly known as the food street of the walled city area. The street is located near Idgah, on the <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:Street w:st="on"><st1:address w:st="on">Rani Jhansi Road</st1:address></st1:Street>.
    I found that there are many outlets selling korma, biryani, sahi tukda, phirni, and khameeri roti. We got korma and biryani packed. Since my friend has a sweet tooth, she ordered phirni. Food is cooked here on wood fired ovens by cooks who have been handed down the recipes and techniques dating back generations.
    :cheers

Last edited: May 1, 2010
  7. shefalisingh

shefalisingh Senior IL'ite

<?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:Street w:st="on"><st1:address w:st="on">Nehru Place</st1:address></st1:Street> in South Delhi is considered to be <st1:place w:st="on">Asia</st1:place>’s biggest market devoted to the IT industry. You name it and you are sure to get it here – from branded computers to assembled ones, laptops, UPS, servers, networking equipment, and software. You have everything from top of the line printers to kerb- side hawkers who will fill up your printing cartridge with ink. In addition, there are technicians you can turn to when your hard disk crashes and you want to retrieve the lost data.
    Today, <st1:Street w:st="on"><st1:address w:st="on">Nehru Place</st1:address></st1:Street> is an important commercial and business centre. A veritable industry has come up to serve the needs of the business centre – from five star hotels, guest houses, to banks and multi storeyed computerized parking arenas to multiplexes showing the latest Bollywood movies and restaurants and eateries like Sona, Mc Donalds and Makkars.

8. Mriduala22

Mriduala22 New IL'ite

There are two reasons why I often visit South Extension I & II. One is the Nalli outlet with its excellent collection of sarees. I am a booklover and whenever I visit South Ex, I must visit OM BOOK STORE or Teksons with their many, many titles.
    The market at South Extension Part I&II has many other charms too. It has many quality jewellery shops. These include Tanishq, Gitanjali, Mehrasons Jewellers, K K Jewellers, and Notandas. You can be sure of the excellent quality, purity and the workmanship. Then, of course there are big departmental stores like Ebony, Big Jo’s and Globus where one can shop to contentment. Finally, when you are tired of all the shopping you can pay a visit to the Café Morrison and Barista for a quick bite and much needed rest.:thumbsup

Last edited: May 4, 2010
  9. shefalisingh

shefalisingh Senior IL'ite

I was visiting the PVR Plaza complex in H Block, Connaught Place, New Delhi the other day. I must say it has a great location. If you are with friends with a couple of hours to spare or have a train to catch at the nearby New Delhi Railway Station, and if you care for a quick bite or a drink before you head out of town do drop in at the Drunken Duck, PVR Plaza.
    It has a good patisserie counter and separate food and beverage zones. There is a distinct London feel to the restobar with scanned British newspapers forming part of the décor. The Happy Hours at the Bar is only till 5pm (after all its in the heart of CP). Well worth a visit and an average meal for two should cost about Rs 1500.

:coffee