1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Grandparents raising babies?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous in Parenting' started by Selvi, May 22, 2007.

1. Abha

Abha Bronze IL'ite

Hey Maha

Very rightly said, that the list of priorities should be turned up side down...

everybody manages to buy a Cottage for themselves... some who have money are buying now... we will buy a few years later... whats the difference. People should have contentment in their hearts to live happily in whatever condition they are...

when the child is adult, thats his life then and how he takes it further is completely his take on it... but as long as he is young, he needs care and guidance from parents to go ahead in life

2. pavithrasriram

pavithrasriram Bronze IL'ite

hi all,
    i think it is injustice on our part to leave the kids with the granparens coz its the time for them to rest, and for us to work.i think everyone have to set their priorities right and make sure they give time to their kids and family rather than runnin behind money.
    luv
    pavithra:)

3. arshi1611

arshi1611 New IL'ite

hi,
    its really sad to hear that a baby of 6-7 months can be sent off like that.Obviously the grandparents won't know or maybe may not realise what all would be needed.If the parents were so careless i can imagine why they sent it off like that!!! Its so calluous of them to send off a baby as if its just some burdonsome item !!! and that too cuz they can earn more money... i'm amazed at the mother!!!! Its not that i oopose the child being raised by the grandparents .Its the purpose and intention!!! I'm a mother of two and i don't work.My mother was with me during my delivery time and both my kids are attached to her.If i have to go somewhere i always leave them with my mom.I know that she will take care of them more than myself and everything but even when i go for 2-3 hrs i call atleast 5-6 times.when i shifted to chennai they said i should leave the younger one with them as it would be difficult to manage them both as they are very small but i declined cuz i knew i couldn't.
    All my friends are working and tell me that i should too but i'm not too keen as my younger one is still only 1yr old and i don't want to leave her at creche or day care. who doesn't want to make more money but then u have to have priorities.I've always felt that babies who grow up at creche or nany have a lot of insecurities and they don't rely on anyone later on and feel lonely and left out.One of my friends was like that as both her parents were working and she always envied us for that and although she was a bright student she was never happy due to the fact that she always came back to a lonely home.If a child is sent off like that or left behind and that too in another country how would it react when it grows older??? i seriously feel its not the best thing to do to a child that young.Thats a period that is the most important and besides even for a parent the initial growing of a baby is the most beautiful which nobdy should miss!! I don't want to be judgemental but this should not be done for the sake of money atleast!I can even understand that the situation mey be that both have to work but then when they have brought a baby into the world they should be responsiblefor it till the baby grow up and can manage.

4 people like this.