1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Grandparents and grandchildren are same in many respects

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by iyerviji, May 3, 2011.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Grandparents and grandchildren get along very well because both feel happy when they get love from someone especially from their near ones. Both of them crave for love.

After sixty everyone is like children and that is the time when they crave for love and they enjoy with the grandchildren more. They are free from responsbilities , they like the kitchen work to be looked after by their daughters in law. They like to be freer so that every moment they can enjoy with their grandchildren. At the same time they are ready to do anything for their children also. When their daughters come home they like to do something special for them taking the help of daughters in law. They are happy when their daughters in law and daughters do everything together and enjoy together and the grandchildren playing together . Those are the memorable moments for them.

Two days back I met a lady whose son and daughter are abroad and she was saying that she has gone to US ten times. Twice for her daughter and daughter in law's delivery and other times to be with them. The grandchildren are very happy to see her and her husband and the son's children want the grandparents to be with them and the daughter's children want them to be with them. When they come to the airport only the grandchildren argue themselves that they will take their grandparents with them.. To solve this problem the grandparents stay in both the houses and then the daughter's family comes and stays with her son's family sothat all can be together. It was so nice to hear about her family.

The grandparents when they were parents must not have got proper time to enjoy the masti of their children as at that time they are busy with their family. So when they become grandmothers they get a chance to enjoy whatever they could not when their children were kids.

Being a grandparents I also sail in the same boat.

2. mimur9

mimur9 IL Hall of Fame

Very true mami. Only after retirement one llives the life every moment. May god bless you with the love from your children and grandchildren like this always.

3. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Mira dear thanks for your good wishes and for the first fb

4. Sudha Kailas

Sudha Kailas IL Hall of Fame

Viji ma, I can understand what you must be feeling now and then when you wrote this..........I heard the same voice when my parents called up last night and there I was telling them about their grand sons and what joy I could hear there from their voices........

Both crave for love is absolutely true. My mom always says that when she calls to speak to them, I suppose the first thing they ask is "when are you coming here" ??

I wish distance does not distance this love to this extent ma !!

5. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Sudha dear true when thegrandparents hear abou ttheirgrandchildren they miss them and want to bewith them. I agree with your views dear.