1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Grandmother’s Day

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Kamalji, May 13, 2010.

1. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

hi kamalji,

a senti post but hats off to your grandma indeed.and also to your father for being such a lovely son.somehow i feel very touched when men write about their mothers or grandmas.All the men in my life my father,bro and hubby have been excellent to their mothers so I know how it feels like.

i enjoyed her stories too.:biglaugh

2) Never urinate on a tree, for a ghost will possess u. Maybe it means,t hat there is a beehive somewhere in the tree, and what if a bee stings u there , u see.!!

Now this story was meant especially for her grandson called kamal who she knew was going to be the naughtiest boy,thats why the warning :rotfl:rotfl

hats off to you too kamalji,your writings just show what a family man you are at heart but without making it a tear jerker you dress it up with loads of humour.:thumbsup

2. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Parvathi,

Do u know , i was born in Ulhasnagar, Camp 2 ? :biglaughMy elder brother too born in 51 and me in 53/But i dont remember anything about it.

And then from 55 to 70 , we were all over mumbai, in rented flats, Ghatkopar, Sion ,chembur, and then last Worli, where my parents still stay.

And Ulhasnagar has progressed a lot i think since then, i have not been there after the mid seventies, thats a good 35 years.

Yes all this home industry started from Ulhasnagar, the pickes and the papads and continues even today.Even today a man comes from Ulhasnagar, once a week to our house, bringing about 30 40 kiols of goods , samosas, chakli, so many things, and u can order him on his mobile too and he will bring.He trevalls all over mumbai, and he has a day fixed for different areas of mumbai.what enterprising people these.

And the college u went u, i havnt heard the name before.You know more of Sindhis than i do eh ! :biglaugh

Sindhis like these chaats and other things, specially pakodas, and samosas, an the green chatni, and if u remember they also like Gantiya and papdi, with chutney, all fatty foods but well we sindhis aer like that.HAHA

Thnaks for a lovely FB, superb one, u have taken more time on yr FB than i did writing the blog.Thank u parvati, for taking so much trouble.

Regards

kamal

3. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Monifa,

so true, we all have to go today.Hey, i did not want u to cry, i did not want to write a tear jerker, just plain facts of life.Sorry to shed yr valuable tears Monifa.

thanks for understanding and liking the blog, its not a usual blog, but on mothers day i thought of writing about Grandma.I had written one on my mother last year, called MOM, was very popular.:biglaugh

thanks once again, and tell me did u like the jokes or not.

4. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Janani,

Welcome to my blogs.Thank u for the kind words.But if u can , pls post yr FB if u like a blog, be it mine or anyone else's , for FB is what motivates or encourages the writer to write. The people who read does not matter as much as those who write a FB.

And u must write about yr grandparents , for everyone has something to contribute here.and u can write on so many things in yr life, that u have expierenced in life, some funny some sad.None of us is a born writer, we are all part timers, so pls dont feel shy, do come adn write, and u will be surprised at the response u will receive, as i can see from yr FB tht u are a good writer.

Thank u and pls write, a personal request from me, for that will give me something good to read, na ?

Regards

kamal

5. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Ganga,

do u know why thereis humour in my sad blogs also.Do u remember those sad movies of the sixties and the seventies, they used to have a comedian too in the movie to proivide the light moments too.Same way i like no one to cry, but smile when they read the blog:biglaugh

thanks for the lovely words Ganga, i am honoured.

Regards

kamal

6. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sis,

Yes , u have your grandmother's and iother elder's blessings that is why u are so happy with yr family and yr Gopika too,Now u are a grandmother too, and i am waiting to become one, but let me see when my daughter obliges us.

God bless u , sis, and i will meet u in August most probably when i am in Mumbai then.

Regards

kamal

7. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Mindi,

Well i did not want this to turn out to be a tearjerker, for that so many handkerchiefs would be needed to be washed, and soap is expensive these days.:biglaughWell the beehive was my idea, Mindi.HAHA

Well how was she to know that her grandosn would turn into a writer, no one in 10 generations was a writer u see.HAHA

I wish all the nice things u say about me were true.Ask harsha one of these days, and she will tell u my true colours.:rotfl

thank a ton.

Regards

kamal

8. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Kamalji,
    :bowdown to your grandma and to your dad too..Lot to learn from them, isn't it!

I didn't see my paternal grandma..but my maternal grandma is still the guiding force for me..my daughter also loves her so much, that she has written about her twice in her school essays and got prize too..

Grandmas are grandmas..they are treasures no doubt in that!

sriniketan

9. sritas

sritas Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Kamalji Sir,
    Very moving note you have shared with us and made us all remember our own grandparents too. I think only Indians............(I do not know whether to say Asians) are well knit family and we constantly think of our grandparents or ancestors and pay tribute to them now and then...........and you have done that brilliantly here in this thread. It is very rare that people remember and share the hardships faced by the previous generation, as human memory is very short. Thanks for sharing your experience of your grandma and remembering her here in IL.
    Regards
    Shanta

10. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sri,

Yes we learn so much from their sacrifices, and i beleive what we are is maonly bcs of them, their love, affection, the good things they taught us.Even though they were not educated, they did teach us so many worldy things.

Treasures not doubt, rightly said.

Regards

kamal