1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Grand father's & Grand daughter's bday on the same day..ideas on how to celebrate

Discussion in 'Birthday Party Planning' started by Sumani, Apr 9, 2015.

1. Sumani

Sumani Senior IL'ite

Dear ILs,

My little angel Sanvi is turning 1 year on 27th this month..my father-in-law's birthday is also on the same day... please share some ideas on how to celebrate it.. Venue will be our home only..not in a grand scale.. i just want to make it memorable and special.

Cake design (1 cake or 2 cakes??)..what to write on the cake??

please help my dear frens.. i dont have much time..

2. Sivasakthigopi

Sivasakthigopi Gold IL'ite

Hi,

Buy Two Cakes and placed it on a same Table!
    First Ask your FIL to take your Kid and Cut Her 1 ST Birthday Cake! (It needs to show some starting of Life)
    Then Ask your FIL to CUT his Cake!(It needs to show some achievement in life)
    If both dress is same color it is too good!

Now your daughter have blesses from all live long life!

All the Best!

sindmani and Saisakthi like this.
  3. Sumani

Sumani Senior IL'ite

Hi Sivasakthi,

thanks a lot for your quick reply..and nice ideas..
    let me also see what other ideas our frens have..

Dear ladies, please pour in your ideas..

4. Harini73

Harini73 Platinum IL'ite

You can have a single cake with two layer.First layer for your daughter and the second layer for your FIL. Your FIL can cut the cake carrying your daughter.

You can have some photos of your daughter in various stages and also your FIL photos in the same age on the walls.

5. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Sumani, it depends on how exactly you want to celebrate the birthday. If it were my daughter, I would concentrate more on making it special for her. Well she doesnt remember anything but then, its a big milestone and I would want to make that very special for her.

Certainly go for 2 cakes. Since its at home, decorate the home with her favorite animal cut-outs/ toys etc. Get the cake in the same theme. I would go for the party favors (return gifts) too.

As for FIL, you can ask him exactly what he wants and take it from there.

6. Sumani

Sumani Senior IL'ite

Hi Harini, Rakhii, thanks for your feedback. i agree i need to make it special for my lil angel as its her first bday. really a big day. i am super excited to shop for her bday. i am thinking of wearing the same color saree as her dress..

i am planning to decorate with home with baloons..mostly white + pink or While + red..

yep surely we will get some return gifts for kids. i have given stuff like lunch box, water bottle, pencil box, stationery kit etc. for my son's bdays.. any different ideas on return gifts? something very useful for kids yet exciting for them??