got scared

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by ptamil2007, Jan 30, 2008.

1. ptamil2007

ptamil2007 Gold IL'ite

Well I had my share of tensions for this week.

I went to the midwife checkup on monday and this was the first ever time I went alone. My husband had important meetings, so I told him not to come.
    When I went there, I found that there was an alarming weight increase of 2 kgs within 6 days.
    The midwife started to find the heart beat which she was searchin for 15 mins and I started to get tense by that time.
    She asked me if I am stressed or something I said no I am fine.

I also had been feeling less movements since the previous day.

she asked me to wait till evening, else go to the hospital directly.
    I was in tears by this time. I came out, rang my husband, he came rushing home.
    I first had orange juice, then started eating and munching something, tried to walk, lie down, do anything to make the baby move.

finally at 4 in the evenin, I felt the normal movements after which we both were relaxed.

2. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

do you have some one who can come over and stay with u, pl keep someone who can reassure u when u r low, never tense, i can understand what u go through in those moments but relax, may be some tension leads to this, make friends so that u have someone to divert u from these tensions..sunkan

3. geeta_sathish

geeta_sathish Senior IL'ite

Dear Pavithra,

I am happy that you finally felt the baby's movements. It must have been a very difficult day for you. I hope your mom's reached safe and she is with you.

I have read that during the last few weeks, the baby movements will reduce. Don't stress yourself. Be relaxed. Have a safe delivery.

Take care.

4. dsrini

dsrini Bronze IL'ite

Hi Pavithra

First don't get stressed out(but can't help it, I know). please have some one with u that will help emotionally.

If things seem slow, try lying on your left side -- this increases blood flow, which might get baby moving. Keep a tally mark of how many movements you feel -- ideally, you'll get to ten within an hour. If you aren't at ten after two hours, wait a little while and try again. Give your doctor a call if you're still not up to ten kicks by this point.

This worked for me many a times.

Listen to music sometimes baby moves faster to that. Whenever I heard Sri Garbarakshamigai songs my little one moved.

Hope this helps. Don't worry & have a safe n happy delivery.

Dhivya

5. manjumnair

manjumnair Silver IL'ite

Dear Pavithra,

Happy to hear that you could feel the baby's movements... Don't worry, you will be fine... Be relaxed... I went through the same during the last week of my pregnancy..but was ok by the end of the day...

Have a safe and happy delivery....

6. cheer

cheer Silver IL'ite

I was wondering why didn't ur midwife asked for non-sensitive test to chk baby movement.

Don't worry sometime it's happened to me too & i got scared, my gyn told me count 12 movements in 24 hours, but due to i'm still wroking & busy i can't trace down my movements.

7. Mahajanpragati

Mahajanpragati Platinum IL'ite

dear ptamil,
    pls relax.be aware of baby's movements but do not get stressed if u do not feel it for when u r delibrately trying to feel it.sometimes the baby is sleeping so their may be no movements.
    hope ur mom has arrived by this time.
    in the last mth the weight gain is always more.i gained 1 kg per week in last 4 weeks of my pregnancy.so ,take it easy.eat more fruits & salad .
    all the best

8. suresh51

suresh51 New IL'ite

b brave, all the best & dont worry too much,leave it to nature.eat well & enjoy yr self