Got my periods this month as well. Please tell me what I am doing is right or wrong.

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by cutiepie66, Oct 7, 2013.

1. cutiepie66

cutiepie66 Gold IL'ite

I was given Fertigyn-10000. Doctor said everything is fine. But still I couldn't conceive this month.

So this is what I am doing.

I usually have IC with my husband on most fertile days (doctor suggest those days). Last month I had IC on 13, 14th and 15 day. That's all. I am having IC only on those days told by Doctor. She checks the egg growth, when it gets ruptured and injection to rupture. That way she tells me the dates on which I have to have IC. So last month I had IC on 3 days. I know one sperm is enough to fuse an egg. My question is am I doing a right thing? or I should have IC frequently to conceive??

2. luckyhopes

luckyhopes Silver IL'ite

Re: Got my periods this month as well. Please tell me what I am doing is right or wro

Hi, Cutiepie66,

First of all keep yourself calm and relax..try not to take stress..

My doctor always suggest 10 to 12 days of my cycle to IC alternate days though i did not get positive result yet..try to track your Ovulation by using OPK and BBT...

All the best for coming cycles...lots of baby dust to you..

1 person likes this.
  3. WiniPooh

WiniPooh Gold IL'ite

Re: Got my periods this month as well. Please tell me what I am doing is right or wro

Hi Cutiepie...few questions for you...Are you having IC only on those three days in the cycle? The reason I ask is coz a lot of people tend to follow the doctors guideline to the T and forget that not having IC for a few days results in a build up of dead sperms. Also, having IC everyday in those 3 days window isnt really required as the sperm lasts in the stream for about 3 -5 days, and also it is advisable that you have IC on alternate days instead as it allows the sperm count to build up with a day gap.

By the medication, I understand that you are being covered under a clomid cycle, which has its own crazy games on the system (atleast with me). What is important in a clomid cycle is to have more than 1 viable follicle of decent length at rupture (17 - 20mm) and a good sperm count with atleast 60%+ motility for the equation to be in your favour.

Have your husband's number been checked for count & motility %?

Since we are all on the same boat TTC, only advice I can offer is hang in there...its a game of probability, sometime the odds will come to be in your favour!

1 person likes this.
  4. cutiepie66

cutiepie66 Gold IL'ite

Yes we have less number of ICs. Mostly during those 3 fertile days only. What exactly is clomid cycle?? I am not aware of it.

Last month egg wasn't released. Prior to that, endometrial lining was thin. One month had a temporary cyst like thing. Doctor advised me to lose weight. i am on weight loss spree now. can i do exercise and walking while ttc?

Husband's count is 83 Million and Motility was 50% and doctor said it's fine.

How old are you?? Since when you are trying?? I am 28 yrs old. I am worried about my age as well. As we grow old, the chance to conceive is less right??

I was 70.5 kg. Now lost some 7 kgs. Doctor says I should lose more. 54kg is the ideal weight for me it seems. Trying my best.

Thanks for throwing light on sperm death and the importance of frequent ICs. Thing is I dont enjoy frequent ICs and its mainly for pregnancy purpose I am into it. If I do it frequently, it's becoming mechanical for me. Involving in IC on those 3 days itself is making me tired. I enjoy it once in a while but not frequently. Anything wrong with me??

5. WiniPooh

WiniPooh Gold IL'ite

Hi cutie...my inputs below:

Yes we have less number of ICs. Mostly during those 3 fertile days only. What exactly is clomid cycle?? I am not aware of it.
    WiniPooh - Clomid is the medicated cycle, Think the medicine you are having is a version of this. Did you have your medication on d3 to d9?

Last month egg wasn't released. Prior to that, endometrial lining was thin. One month had a temporary cyst like thing. Doctor advised me to lose weight. i am on weight loss spree now. can i do exercise and walking while ttc?
    Winipooh: What was your endo this cycle and last? Cyst happens on clomid cycles and basically a useless follicle. Well, my doc told me to lose weight, but having a struggle with it. You can exercise a little heavy ..gym, strenuous walking etc prior to ovulation, post ovulation restrict to moderate walking.

Husband's count is 83 Million and Motility was 50% and doctor said it's fine.
    WiniPooh: Thats a very good count and motility. See you have some stuff in your favour already :)

How old are you?? Since when you are trying?? I am 28 yrs old. I am worried about my age as well. As we grow old, the chance to conceive is less right??
    WiniPooh: I am 34, been TTC for the last 4 years :( Nothing to worry about your age...till the age of 35, there are very good chances. Post that it just gets a little tougher.

I was 70.5 kg. Now lost some 7 kgs. Doctor says I should lose more. 54kg is the ideal weight for me it seems. Trying my best.
    WiniPooh: best wishes on your weight loss.. :)

Thanks for throwing light on sperm death and the importance of frequent ICs. Thing is I dont enjoy frequent ICs and its mainly for pregnancy purpose I am into it. If I do it frequently, it's becoming mechanical for me. Involving in IC on those 3 days itself is making me tired. I enjoy it once in a while but not frequently. Anything wrong with me??
    WiniPooh: Totally understand on IC for just pregnancy, but belieive me the more you make it just about those 3 days, your mind is not enjoying this and those 3 days itself would be mechanical. You need to enjoy the IC and be at a calm state of mind to have the equation onyour favour. Try to space it out, maybe start with weekends, then once in 5 days ..and if comfortable, bring to once in 3 days. This also allows your mind to relax and destress. If you think of this as just a baby mking process, you and your hubby can lose interest very quickly and get frustrated.

2 people like this.
  6. cutiepie66

cutiepie66 Gold IL'ite

I was given progynova. Celeg as the endometrial thickness was thin. It's a vaginal tablet. Then I was given Duphaston. Every month I am prescribed duphaston.

19.9.2013 - (11th day ) Right Ovary - 1.7X1.7 Left Overy - 1.8X1.8, ET -6mm

7. WiniPooh

WiniPooh Gold IL'ite

Hmmm...your follicles are good. You have a 28 day cycle? Yes, I do agree your Endo is quite thin with that length of follicle. Dusphaston would have been given as a progrestone supplement since your endo was thin and needs to help reienforce ur endo to ensure that you can hold up a pregnancy.

1 person likes this.
  8. pumpkin01

pumpkin01 Platinum IL'ite

Cutipie, Winnipooh has explained very well just wanted to add few things ....though doctor says ur ideal weight is 54 it's not impossible to get pregnant at 63... good that you are trying to loose some more weight and it will help once you are pregnant but don't stress yourself at this moment as you are also ttc... walking and doing light exercise helps your body to flush out the toxins in your body......

Also as she suggested enjoy your IC, I can understand with our busy life it's sometimes hard but by enjoying IC increases the chances of getting pregnant. And also take more advantage of this time as once you are pregnant and a mother you would hardly get time for all these ......

1 person likes this.
  9. cutiepie66

cutiepie66 Gold IL'ite

Thanks for the reply Winipooh and Pumpkin01. Had a check up with doctor yesterday. She feels the history of egg growth is fine though I had cyst one month. Yesterday she has suggested me to go for Tube Test. I will be going on Friday to take that test.

Winipooh: Mine is 28 days cycle. Though I had few irregular periods after marriage (few months only). Otherwise, mine is a regular periods only.

10. WiniPooh

WiniPooh Gold IL'ite

Hi Cutiepie...yep the tube test will help to understand if any blockages which could also be stalling the ovulation. Best of luck with the test!

1 person likes this.