1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Got back from vacation in India..

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous in Parenting' started by mythili, Aug 31, 2007.

1. mythili

mythili Senior IL'ite

Friends,
    I am back from my India trip. It looks like IL has grown quite a bit in the last 2 months that I was away. Kudos to all the members!

About myself, I had a wonderful time in India.
    Now, I am feeling quite sad to have come back after leaving my parents. The first day we got back was quite hard, coming back to the empty home. I have recovered from the jetlag, but getting back to schedule with my job, sons school, cleaning, cooking seems such an uphill task. Planning to have another child soon, I don't know how I am going to do it, when I have hard time managing one.

I guess the main problem is that I am missing my parents such a lot. They used to visit us here often in the past, so I did not feel much. Now they are getting older and I realize it may not be practical for them to be here every year. I want to go back and settle down in the village where my parents live, but I don't know how practical it is.

Hope this is just a passing phase and I feel myself in the next few days.

love to all my old friends and welcome to all the new members!
    Mythili.

sindmani likes this.

2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Hi mithili,

Welcome back. good that you enjoyed your vacation well.

3. Jananikrithsan

Jananikrithsan Gold IL'ite

:2thumbsup: Welcome back after your vacation. The jet lag and the load of things to do will minimise once you settle down, try and divert yourself. Two kids are great fun, Iam telling you from experience. Worry less and throw yourself heart and soul in whatever you do .

4. honeybee

honeybee Gold IL'ite

Hi mythili
    Welcome back after a well deserved ,enjoyable break!

You will get over your home sickness pretty soon.:) Do participate in all our discussions and you will become energetic quickly.

Regards
    Honeybee

5. mythili

mythili Senior IL'ite

Shanvy, Janani and honeybee,
    Thanks for your consolations.
    I am back to myself now after a week. Life is back in full swing- commute/job/cooking/cleaning/get togethers etc :)
    Yes I will start participating in IL more often as everything settles down.
    I think it happens to me almost every time, I will be so excited about going to India, but when I come back, I will be sad for a while. I have to find a long term solution to this problem in the next few years.
    Love,
    Mythili