1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Gossiping

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by PushpavalliSrinivasan, May 18, 2012.

1. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Gossip is idle talk or rumour, especially about the personal or private affairs of others. Who indulges in gossip? There is a general opinion that women are more passionate in this. Men are bigger gossips than women, according to new research.

A study has found that men spend an average 76 minutes a day tittle-tattling with their friends or work colleagues, compared to just 52 minutes for women.

It is commonly believed that women are the ones who love to spread rumours, and gossip about their friends behind their backs. But men also do not lag behind women in this matter.

I wonder if any one person in this world who would not have listened to gossip though he/she might not have been instrumental in originating gossip.

Tea time and lunch time is the most favourable time for gossip for working people. For home makers the favouable time is when they go to the bus stop to send or receive the children to school. For older generation meeting at park or even at temple is the time for gossip.

The subject matter of gossip could be anything like someone’s personal matter, office matter, or cine stars’ personal matters or any one in the lime light like a politician or even a God’s man! Recently you might have read and watched the mud slinging of God's men on each other.

Mostly celebrities and politicians become the subject matter of gossip in magazines and visual Medias. .Sometimes it is done very tactically without mentioning the name of the person by giving some hints.

On the whole gossiping seems to be juicy :cheersand people happily pass on good news only if it was about a friend. If it is about a rival they will be happy to share bad news.

Researchers say that a little bit of gossip is healthy. :) It's what keeps the culture going, greasing the social machinery.

Please keep in mind that who ever gossips to you will gossip about you. The only time people dislike is when you gossip about them. :bonk

sindmani likes this.

2. Pallavi4me

Pallavi4me Platinum IL'ite

This is the punch line of the entire blog. You have conveyed in one line :)

3. sharefemalefeel

sharefemalefeel New IL'ite

4. ramyaramani

ramyaramani Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Many people say that they dont gossip. Highly unbelievable.

When a person says they dont gossip, then they are not interested in people!

5. ILoveTulips

ILoveTulips IL Hall of Fame

Nice blog Pushpa mam.

That's good to know. I try to restrain myself gossipping about friends or co-workers. But gossips on celebrities are what plenty of magazines, news channels build upon.

Nice read. Thanks for sharing this blog.. :)

6. PushpavalliSrinivasan

Dear Pallavi,
    Thanks for pointing out the punch line and I hope this will act as a warning to those who indulge in gossiping and keep hurting others.
    Love,
    PS

7. PushpavalliSrinivasan

Dear sharefemalefeel,
    Welcome to IL and thanks for your appreciation. Wish to read inspiring write ups from you.
    Love,
    PS

8. PushpavalliSrinivasan

Dear Ramya,
    What you say is true. Generally people are attracted to gossip and if there are any exceptions, that would be a very small percentage.
    Love,
    PS

9. PushpavalliSrinivasan

Dear ILT,
    News channels and magazines could not do business without gossip. Even some stars think juicy gossip makes them popular, but only when it takes an ugly turn they threaten to sue.
    On the whole gossip entertains people and I believe it started during Rama Rajya.
    Thanks for coming in and sharing your thoughts,
    Love,
    PS

10. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Really, in gossips too, men outsmart women? Interesting find. :)
    Very true Ma, gossipers should know that, what goes around will come around.

Sriniketan