1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Goodie-Bag!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by gjaya, Jun 8, 2010.

1. gjaya

gjaya Silver IL'ite

DH & I are always invited for all my friend's children's birthday parties. Almost all our friends have children, we unfortunately have no children, yet we go there just solely for my friends. Sometimes the parties are at particular place like "Bounce-u" or "Monkey-Joe's in US, where all the children get to bounce and jump on this large inflatables. I sometimes think, is it necessary for us to go because what will we do there? But we go there for our friends, so it didn't really matter much.

Now there is a ritual of giving goodie bag as a return gift for all the guests. So all my other friends who bring in their child for the party gets a goodie bag as a return gift from the hostess. We will be the only one who doesn't get any. That to me is not a big deal because frankly the goodie bag is for the children who attend and is mostly containing some chocolates, crayons and such. I used to just enjoy being there with my friends and have a good time seeing all the kids having fun.

This last weekend we had been to a birthday party, and after it was done and time to leave, the 4 year old birthday girl (my friend's daughter) comes toward me and hands over a goodie bag says "Jayu aunty, thanks for coming to my party". I was confused, stunned and surprised. I said to her "Is this for me??" because I sure thought she was mistaking me for someone else to give the goodie-bag and she says "yes" and my friend too says "yes Jaya it is for you only", I gave her a big hug and said "that was so sweet of you darling, thank you". I truly was touched by this gesture.

My friend tells to me, everyone around you gets a goodie bag so why shouldn't you. My heart just welled up. I had never gotten a goodie bag from any of the birthday parties till date. I said to my DH excitedly like a child, "Sweetie, look I got a goodie bag". I know its silly but I felt that I was one among them and not felt left-out.

I opened the bag and in there was a beautiful necklace (I love jewelery) and yes, there was chocolates too.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2010
  2. natpudan

natpudan Gold IL'ite

Jaya,

Great your 1000th Post is a Snippet. Congrats dear. :thumbsup

You by yourself is a kid even though you are older than me. :rotfl

I wanted to give the first fb. So shall come back later buddy.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2010
  3. DDC

DDC Silver IL'ite

I think we are all closet goodie bag lovers. Sweet of your friend to have thought of it.

Congrats on your Gold Club Status:hatsoff

So where is the party at ?

4. malligashivaram

malligashivaram Gold IL'ite

GJAYA THAT WAS A NICE WRITE UP GOING TO CHILDREN PARTIES---SOME PEOPLE AVOID IF THEY DONT HAVE CHILDREN--EVEN THOUGH IT IS NO BIG DEAL,---UT THE GESTURE OF LITTLE CHILDREN ARE LIKE GIFT OF GOD---SO MAKE IT POINT TO INFORM THE INVITEES--THAT YOU ARE THE CHILD AND DO DESERVE A BAG OF GOODIES JUST FOR A CHEER UP:party:party:party

5. mithy232

mithy232 Silver IL'ite

A sweet post from a sweet person. I am falling in love with you Jaya. :kiss

Like Nats said, you are a little one at heart. :cheers

6. mstrue

mstrue New IL'ite

Hi Jay..

As NN beautifully said, you are a kid and DH your kid. You make a lovely pair. :)

I liked that
    " I said to my DH excitedly like a child, Sweetie, look I got a goodie bag. " part.

Your attitude is a great inspiration in itself. I Love it, Jay! :thumbsup

7. Soldier

Soldier Gold IL'ite

Hi Jay!

Really missing you re!
    Congrats for your 1000th post at the outset. I shall wish in the respective thread too!

Loved your post da! I too felt happy that you too recd a return gift bag. I know da, you are a kid at heart always and what's more you and your Sweety Pie!!!!!!!!!! are kid to each other.
    (Hope he does not get angry that I am encroaching on ur right to call him so).

So sweet of your friend and her kid to gift you the bag da! I also know that you love partying and enjoying.

So wishing you great times ahead!

8. Sudha Kailas

Sudha Kailas IL Hall of Fame

Jaya, Congrats dear on reaching the GOLD LINE !!

I dont know how ............. but this is a telepathy dear........I am also in the same boat.......unfortunately even we do not have kids and many a time do not get invited to parties but my best friend Shilpa always makes it a point to invite us for both her DDs's birthday........

Some people are really insensitive and we do have such people in our groups too !!

I am really glad that your friend is so thoughtful and sensible.........my laurels to her !!

9. parusabari

parusabari Silver IL'ite

Hi Jaya,

Congrats on reaching the 1000+ posts.

And I was also happy that you received a goodie bag which reflects your friends goodness.

Surely the almighty will also bless you with a goodie bag the contents of which you will love the most dear.

Love,
    Parvathi.

10. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Jaya,

What a lovely post. It touched me tenderly.

I think young parents are not insensitive. They may not even have given a thought about the goody bag thing in all the hectic of a party hosting. But this friend was surely a special one to have given it a thought.

Well, I am glad that a good person got a goody bag!

L, Kamla