1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Goodbye Amma And Appa!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by meenasankaran, Feb 17, 2022.

1. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@meenasankaran
    You are right Meena. Tomorrow is my mother's anniversary. The deadly wound caused by her passing away has healed. I spent the day today picking up the fruits and vegetables she loved to offer to the Sastrigal tomorrow. Even as I write this, a fond and loving smile creases my face :blush:

2. meenasankaran

meenasankaran Platinum IL'ite

Yes, I do it too @Cheeniya Sri Uncle. It is such a relief to be able to think about them with a smile, right? :hearteyes: I was smiling making rasam the other day thinking about how cleverly my mother would pitch it to us sambar-lovers when we were little if that was the only item left on the table. "Having sambar all the time puts a strain on our gut. One should have rasam in between to cleanse the system. Sala salannu rasam saaptaa ellaam seriyaayidum." When there was koottu on the menu along with rasam, she would gently nudge us towards eating the vegetables and say "Eppapaaru enna payithiyakaara rasam? No one grows tall and healthy on rasam. Try the healthy koottu first."

A more astute saleswoman has yet to be born. Thankfully, I have tons of memories like these to see me through for the rest of my life. :biggrin: I hope you have even more such colorful memories with your mother Sri Uncle.

3. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

A great song on mother..

meenasankaran likes this.