1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

good washing machines-give your suggestions

Discussion in 'Spotless Kitchen' started by vkrithika1, Apr 14, 2008.

1. vkrithika1

vkrithika1 Gold IL'ite

dear all,

I need to buy a new washing machine.I was using bpl wm for more than 8 years.now i am planning to change to a new one.Suggest me some good washing machine(fully automatic).Share also your exps here so that it would be helpful for me to select a good one.Have you tried wm with full dryer(like US)?.Please share your views.

2. aishu22

aishu22 Gold IL'ite

Dear Kamala,
    We have been using IFB-Senoita plus W/M for more than 2 years now.Its very efficient and good.I have not had any issues at all(Touchwood).My Aunt is still using her IFB- earlier version than senorita plus,it just works fine for her too.All you need is to make the best use out of it.Go for it!

Good Luck with the hunt!

3. vkrithika1

vkrithika1 Gold IL'ite

dear aishu,

Thanks for the suggestion.Some people tell,we can open the machine only after 2 hours.is that correct?.All my neighbours are using ifb.THey all tell,it consumes more time to complete washing and in between we cannot open it.Is that true?

4. aishu22

aishu22 Gold IL'ite

Hi Kamala,
    The normal Wash time is 1 hr.There are different settings and we need to use them wisely.For bedsheets or capets ,You can use heavy or pre wash which takes around 1.30 hrs.But for the clothes that we use daily, its enough that we use the normal wash, which does washing and drying in 1 hr.The door is pressure driven.Yes its true that u cant open the m/c in between unless u switch it off completely and the pressure needs to release for the door to open.That takes less than 2 mins after the washing+drying is done.

I feel most comfortable and user friendly with IFB.My 2cents
    Choice is urs though!

5. srinivasan_vanaja

srinivasan_vanaja Gold IL'ite

hi,

I am using IFB Senator for nearly 2 years now. It has got wide features and suitable for today's life style. It has got nearly 30 programs and we can easily adapt them.

For quick wash it takes nearly 90 mins. For prewash it takes 2 hrs nearly. If the water is not too hard, the life of the machine would be long. Otherwise too, you can use the lime scale preventing detergents which comes in the market especially for front loading machines.

Overall the machine is too safe, tangle free and if you maintain it properly it will come for years.

6. Sushmavarala

Sushmavarala Senior IL'ite

I have also been using IFB Washing Machine Elena model. It has been completely trouble free and there are different wash modes on which the time is dependent.I have a document where in i have the factors that should be considered while buying a washing machine. I don't know if i can attach it here. I don't remember from which website i have collected this information.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2008
  7. pushpabp

pushpabp New IL'ite

Hi

I am also using IFB from 2years, till no problem (Touch Wood). It has nice option to set according to u'r needs... Try it

8. vkrithika1

vkrithika1 Gold IL'ite

dear pushpa,sushma,vanaja,aishu,

THanks for your suggestions.Ya i have decided to buy IFB.As i am not comfortable with front loading,i want to try top loading.My dh's very close friend is the dealer for ifb at madurai, so i will take his opinion also for the best model and proceed.I want to buy the dryer also as in bangalore we get full sunlight only for 3 or 4 months.

Once again thanks gals.

9. nasrin

nasrin New IL'ite

Hi Krithika,

I want to buy a washing machine for my parents who are staying in India.CAN U PLZ TELL ME WHICH ONE U BOUGHT BECOZ I THINK U HAVE DONE A LOT OF RESEARCH BEFORE BUYING IT.IT WILL BE VERY HELPFUL .

THANK U,
    NASRIN

Last edited: Aug 26, 2008
  10. Priya_Mommy

Priya_Mommy Gold IL'ite

can I get IFB washng machines in Hyderabad??
    Here everybody is suggesting LG or videocon. But I wanted to have a long life washing machine. Plwase suggest a good washng machine.