1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Good Things Happen To Good People!

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by tenkanidiyoor, Mar 2, 2019.

Tags:
  1. tenkanidiyoor

tenkanidiyoor Silver IL'ite

I spend my day just roaming around in this junction. The footpath near the junction is my home! I see huge trucks carrying loads of cement; I see enormous cranes moving slowly as though they are tired; I see nicely dressed people, with a serious faces, driving a big car. I see small kids like me, tightly clinging on to their mother’s back on colorful scooters.

What an adventure it must be to pass through to this signal in this huge traffic!! I spend my day selling pens. I really do not know how to write, but amma says, instead of begging bare hands, selling pens makes people give more money. I also make gestures as though I am hungry and people in the big cars, throw few coins at me. You know, I am an expert in acting!!

At times I wonder why we are so poor and how are the people in big cars so rich. When I think a lot about it, tears roll down my cheeks. I remember amma’s words, ‘good things will happen to good people’. This makes me smile and I want to believe in her words.

I like the time when I play with my little brother. I try hard to remember the songs which amma used to sing for me and try to sing this for him. He always smiles when I sing for him. I am sure my songs make him happy too.

My heart pains during winters. Amma does not have enough blankets to cover me and my brother. So always I have to give up on my blanket to him. But with this too my brother shivers the whole night. Sometime, I don’t even close my eyes for a second, the whole night fearing that my brother and I will freeze any second.

It was a very normal day, nothing special, nothing unusual. I was tired and was resting for a while, suddenly a boy of my brother’s age, got down from his mother’s scooter and ran towards me. He had two blankets in his hand. He showed those to me and told something which I didn’t understand. Though I hesitated a little, I grabbed the blankets from him and stood there in surprise. The boy went back to his scooter, and waved a hand at me with a beautiful smile. I was so shocked that I could not even smile. I brought the blankets near my nose and smelled the fragrance of the fresh cloth. I was enchanted, I was happy!

Yes, Good things happen to good people!

2. GeetaKashyap

GeetaKashyap IL Hall of Fame

Sad situation really. Sensitively written.

tenkanidiyoor likes this.