1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Good Tamil serial choices to watch

Discussion in 'TV' started by pattumom, Aug 24, 2012.

1. VaniVyas

VaniVyas Platinum IL'ite

I have only hindi serials... I feel Tamil serial have so much of tragedy.

Hindi serials these days focus on womens strength and power... So I prefer that.

2. muthu21

muthu21 Gold IL'ite

i do watch only hindi but dubbed in tamil.. en kanavan en tholan is one good serial to watch.. the lead women will putforth her thoughts and oppose openly.. i liked it.. other than that mahabharath.. thats it..all else are so stupid
    thendral- all in one direction... maumagal in jail but entire family unaware.. tamil forgets thulasi etc etc aiyo rama..

3. AkilaMani

AkilaMani Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

After reading the whole thread I am glad that the last serial that I seriously watched was somewhere in the 90s I think that was "Byomkesh Bakshi" and in tamil it was Vanna Kolangal ;-)

1 person likes this.
  4. sweety127

sweety127 Gold IL'ite

I never watch any serials except for pudhukavidai in vijay tv at 6. 30 pm..It is not so popular by the way.. but i like it for the bold heroine and how the hero defends his wife each time from his cruel family members though she hates him

Last edited: Jul 23, 2014
  5. seekingbless

seekingbless Platinum IL'ite

akila, i prefer watching tamil dramas on vasantham (s'pore tv) then the tamil mega serials. im a fan on nijangal and recently i saw few fast moving dramas (cant recall the tittle). these dramas are reflects of our daily life and more watchable and tolerable.
    whenever i come down to jb, my mother's house i only watch vasantham. i even enjoyed watching the old dramas that i have missed in last 6 years.

6. AkilaMani

AkilaMani Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi SB,

I agree, some of the vasantham serials are ok, though I should admit I have not watched much. This is what I have mostly heard thru friends who watch.

I somehow do not feel it is worth the time to watch any serials per se. The ads for them are enough to discourage me. I even tell my MIL or DH to mute the TV if it has an ad for any serial. All the words we hear is someone trying to spoil someones life.... it has such a negative vibe, that I don't want those sounds in my home.

This is not to say I have never watched serials. I had watched them on DD in my school days. By the time cable TV arrived at home, I had given up watching much of TV. Now if I have to watch anything on TV, I prefer talk shows, news, sports comedy or movies.

7. seekingbless

seekingbless Platinum IL'ite

yes akila agree with u.
    i too prefer to watch comedies and movies only.

1 person likes this.