Good tailors in Saligramam or Virugambakkam

Discussion in 'Shopping & Restaurants' started by Suhania, Mar 10, 2010.

1. Suhania

Suhania Senior IL'ite

Dear ILites
    Am new to this section...Can anyone suggest me good tailors in and around Saligrammam / virugambakkam area in Chennai. I heard there are many CINE tailors but could not find one till now. I have lots of blouses and salwars to be stitched.... Please help

Cheers,
    Sujatha Hari

2. arthidiva

arthidiva Silver IL'ite

Hi Sujatha, You can try Diana Fashions in 1st floor Raahat Plaza.. me and my sisters have been their regular customers for 3 yrs now..

they have enough tailors and do a good job when we specify correctly.. they will give you the stuff in 1 week.. may delay around the festivals but they are prompt.. they also dont mind alterations if you find fault in your stuff.. mid you they will settle for simple necklines but if you are particular you have to insist and they will oblige.. they also have good salwar materials that you can buy.. materials seem little expensive but have some unique stuff that you many not find easily elsewhere..

Last edited: Mar 26, 2010
  3. Lalitha venkate

Lalitha venkate Senior IL'ite

my sister used to stich there and she is happy with them

4. Suhania

Suhania Senior IL'ite

Thanks Lalitha & Arthi,
    Will definitely try that!'

5. brahan

brahan Platinum IL'ite

"Fashion Home " Tailor in Saligramam is good (Above Average to be on Dot). Its a small Tailoring Shop located in the road where Sudharma Kalyana Mantapam is located (Oppt to it- Pardon me i dont know the street name). The Tailor sometimes stiches the dresses really good ...but at times he screws it up...Even though he is good, i have stopped giving it to him because he is arrogant at times..he doesnt listen to what we say..He simply says "I know I know" which i totally dint like about him...

6. Suhania

Suhania Senior IL'ite

Dear Brahan,

I have been giving my salwars and blouses to him only...that mallu guy...
    As you said,at times he stitches good and at times he spoils....

that's y I want to switch over!

7. kapuchu

kapuchu New IL'ite

hi Suhania
    There is a Bombay Tailors in saligramam. Just after the saligramam post office on to the rightside of the road. If you go straight on to the end of the road is stree seva mandir.
    He is a very good tailor and all our family member rely on himfor more than 10 years.. One main problem is he doesn't stick to the date. Of late he is trying to keepup to the date.

Thanks
    kapuchu

8. ushdra

ushdra New IL'ite

Kaaviyaa tailors in Virugambakkam is very good. Especially NRIs who visit for one or two weeks, she gets things done very nicely and quickly within a couple of days. She also does good embroidery, swarovsky stone work etc. Her phone number is 95661 74755 /97103 55605. Her place is in Virugambakkam right across the street from Vembuliamman koil. I would highly recommend her.

9. yaad

yaad New IL'ite

Can u give the phone no pls and charges