Good Tailors in chennai

Discussion in 'Personal Services' started by ramya_psk, Dec 26, 2006.

1. Minerva

Minerva New IL'ite

Re: ladies Tailor

I am dont know a tailor in Tnagar area, but there is an excellent one in the Adyar area - it is a boutique but has a very good tailor who makes clothes to order specially churidars and kurtas and very good cholis for blouses etc. The name is : Seams Natural, near the Music College on Greenways Road behind Suriya Sweets
    M

2. ambily_100

ambily_100 New IL'ite

Thanks.I will check it out.

3. Jananikrithsan

Jananikrithsan Gold IL'ite

Seams Natural on Greenways Road is a designer boutique so you can be sure that the rates are a little high for stitching.

4. Jenz

Jenz Bronze IL'ite

Hi,

You can try the tailors at Varsidhi Shop in G N Chetty Road, T Nagar. Some of my friends have stitched Pattialas from them and its good. But let me warn you up front of the cost...if you are budget savvy.

Else you can try the tailor shops near panagal park vegetable market. Guess the guy charges Rs. 60/- for salwar suits. For daily wear, he is worth a try.

I shall enquire some more & let you know if I have concrete information.

Cheers!
    Jenz

5. ambily_100

ambily_100 New IL'ite

Thanks a lot All.

6. karame

karame New IL'ite

tailors in selaiyur

are there any reliable tailors who can embroider as well , in selaiyur , tambaram or chromepet or adambakkam

7. rajmiarun

rajmiarun Gold IL'ite

Re: tailors in selaiyur

Dear Karame,
    Where do you live in Selaiyur? Nice to know that you too live here. You cannot just go to any tailor as such to do embroidery to your sarees or dresses. I will check with my crafts and arts friend and let you know whether she knows any profession in and around this area.

8. Sowparnika

Sowparnika Silver IL'ite

Re: tailors in selaiyur

hi karame,
    there is a tailoring shop called An-Nisha in kamarajapuram.its just opp to the kamarajapuram bus stop,in the first floor.they are very in good in tailoring, but you will have to inquire about the embroidery...

rgds,
    sowpar

9. Raaga Gal

Raaga Gal New IL'ite

Re: Good Tailors

Hi rajmi
    I have my wedding in September and I am looking for a good tailor for my churidhar, lehenga and blouses. I need someone who would do a good job with the fitting. I heard your suggestion of Mr. Basha went well with all our co-women...can you please email me the phone number or please mention the address atleast. It would be very helpful. Thanks so much!
    Raaga Gal.

10. AnithaA

AnithaA Bronze IL'ite

Re: Good Tailors

Hi,
    I found this information about Jeans Park from the net:

Jeans Park,
    Rajaji Road, (Opp National Theatre)West-Tambaram,Chennai-600 045.Ph: - 22260209 / 22260935

Rajmiarun, is this information correct? Regarding Naidu Hall, I had given my wedding blouses for stitching there but I was not comfortable with the fit.

My current tailor stitches well but is unable to stitch different patterns, be it salwar or blouses. Tambaram seems to be very far off for me.........can anybody suggest good tailors in madippakkam/adambakkam/nanganallur?

Regards,
    Anitha