Good Tailors in chennai

Discussion in 'Personal Services' started by ramya_psk, Dec 26, 2006.

1. satin

satin Silver IL'ite

Any reviews on Womens Fit,Alsa Mall,Egmore....Appearance,Cisons,Egmore and CD Naidu Tailors,Egmore.Desperately looking for one in Chennai.

2. subhashiniskmr

subhashiniskmr New IL'ite

Best ladies dress tailors in velachery

Can anyone suggest best tailors in velachery 100 feet bye pass road

3. subbum12

subbum12 Bronze IL'ite

Re: Best ladies dress tailors in velachery

"Soft wear" is ok...... neaqr vijayanagar busstop

4. boons

boons Bronze IL'ite

i too stay in east tambaram, rajakilpakkam. i too need a good tailor who can stitch anarkali model . i am a little on the fat side and i wonder whether anarkali would suit me??

5. gayatri04

gayatri04 New IL'ite

Sai Limras - Review

I normally do not provide reviews on things, however this one definitely warrants a detailed review here.

I had one of the worst ever experience with the so-called Sai Limras at T Ngr. I had a ghagra choli material that needed to be stitched in a short span and I heard a lot abt their fit and design and decided to give it a try. The material is kinda half-ready in the sense that the ghagra material was already in the form of a skirt that needed to be just closed on the ends with a zip/hook. The choli material however needed to be stitched to a blouse. The choli material was quite big for stitching a long shirt like blouse with a border already stitched on the end. When I met the asst lady, I was promised that it could be done in the short span and assured of a wonderful design/pattern with a great fit. She took a 100 measurements for me and promised that they have done ghagras before. The charge (close to 2k) seemed to be on the higher side, however the thought of getting a perfect fit and design convinced me! I posed a thousand questions to the lady and even told her of my expectations and apprehensions. I mentioned that I needed the dress for an upcoming party and needed the top to look a little grand. I also mentioned to her that I needed a string with beads on the back of the blouse and she promised never to forget about that. Since she didn't have a pattern book, she promised me that she will talk to her owner/supervisor who will decide the best possible patterns and design for the blouse. Also, she didn't note anything on her book that is given to tailors!

I was really anxious and excited to see the stitched ghagra choli but when I saw the stitched material, I was totally disappointed by the stitch, cut and everything. The charges were much more than what I was quoted before and I really got furious and flared up the lady on the phone. I was leaving the same night and going back to T ngr (from the other end of the city) and waiting for the choli to be fixed somehow seemed impossible to be. They had conveniently forgotten the string on the back and I took the top to the local tailor in my community, who got it fixed within less than an hour for a menial price! The top looked really simple with just a jari on the hand and neck. I was told that the jari from the material (more than a meter!) was not enough for the neck! This given the fact that I'm on the slimmer side! There was no pattern/even a simple design and the blouse looked like a simple paavadai blouse stitched for girls! I then realized my folly and felt so bad for choosing someone whom I didn't know or was far off from my place. I wished I had given the material to my local tailor who would have at least listened to my expectations and done accordingly. I had already stitched a lot of my daughter's paavadai/blouses with him and he had done a great job. Finally, I decided to try it on and then came the biggest and unexpected shock. The choli didn't fit me around my hands and arm and was too tight and uncomfortable around the shoulder! I was wondering whether a real tailor stitched it or not! The cut on the top was not good and I got too pissed off. I would have been fine with the exorbitant charges if the material was stitched fine and the least that it fit well. When I called up the asst lady, she apologized that there definitely was some mistake and I was charged much more than the price quoted for a very simple choli. When I asked her if the excess could be refunded, she backed off saying that it was not possible! However, she mentioned that I could bring it back next year/next time I'm in town and they would do the best possible work on the blouse! I do have to appreciate them for this! I still have to fix up my blouse by opening up the stitches on the hand/sides.

Well, may be mine was just one bad experience, however first impression does count, and I'm sure not going to recommend them to any of my friends or family in the future. Well my whole family knows about it already!

I did learn my lesson though. Have enough time to spare for fixing up messy tailoring job, choose a tailor who is close to your place, finally rely on your instincts and give a trial job before giving an expensive material.

Hope my review helps.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2013
    Aspirefarm likes this.
  6. pratyusharavi

pratyusharavi New IL'ite

Designer tailors in Chennai

Hi can you please help find a good tailor in Chennai. I am getting married and I want my blouses to be stitched perfectly in contemporary style with zardosi work. Price is not a constraint.

Also, can some tell me reviews abt the following tailors.
    1. Tulip D'sings in Adyar
    2. Cut of class in Alsa Mall
    3. Threads n Scissors in Nungambakkam
    4. Annai Tailors in Nungambakkam

Thanks in advance! :)

7. SangeeVenkee

SangeeVenkee Silver IL'ite

Best Ladies Tailor in Thoraipakkam

Hi, Can you please suggest good ladies tailor in Thoraipakkam for stitching Chudidhar?

Sangee

8. abiramipl

abiramipl New IL'ite

Hi aishu,
    I am Abirami,I am also looking for a tailor in and around k k nagar. You have suggested Fashion tailor,valasaravakkam. Are you satisfied with his work?is he reasonable?does he stitch both chudidhar and blouse?

9. srims

srims Bronze IL'ite

Anyone who knows the best tailor who stitches Ladies formal pants please tell me. If it is in and around T.Nagar or Tambaram area would be fine.

10. itsmebhagi

itsmebhagi IL Hall of Fame

Good Tailor For Stitching Blouse

Hi Ladies,

I am badly looking for some good tailors for stitching blouse for sarees... Preferrably in the below mentioned areas,

Velachery/Pallikarnai/Medavakkam/Adyar/Thiruvanmiyur/Mylapore/Royapettah/TNagar...

Had a look at few similar threads, but I am unable to come to any conclusion in choosing one... So I am looking for some crisp replies on the best ones, if you happen to know any...

Thanks in advance!!:thumbsup