Good schools in Madurai!

Discussion in 'Madurai' started by AbhiSing, Jul 3, 2008.

1. AbhiSing

AbhiSing Gold IL'ite

Dear Madurai Ilites (Including the legends ChithVish and Varalotti!)

I want to have an idea about the schools in Madurai that would cater to Indians returning back to homeland.( I mean the transition period - made easier for the kids!). What are the ICSE syllabus offering schools?

Would love to have all your help .

Thanks and Regards.

2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Viji,

Planning to r2i.? I know chitvish and sridhar will help you out. you can even send in a detail pm to indhusri.

How is DS. I know meenaneelakantan studied in sboa madurai, and she goes gaga about the school. I know there are two good cbse schools..had a friend from madurai when in muscat.

Why don't you check out the icse, cbse site for the schools affliated.

What about the tvs school...?...Just thinking aloud....

3. AbhiSing

AbhiSing Gold IL'ite

My dear Shanthi,

When I posted the question I was thinking about you only and I thought if it was Chennai, then no need to worry since I have you there.
    But as you mentioned Indhu and varalotti are there for me in Madurai.
    You guessed correctly R2I is in the vicinity...God willing!
    DS is doing fine (mixture of sweet angel and at times naughty angel but angel always!). He is in S'pore school now which has cambridge syllabus.But if we were to move to India, then would it be nice if I transfer him to one of the Indian Intl schools first for easy transition? Want your opinions please.But the Indian Intl school nearesr to my area is DPS with ICSE syllabus, the GIIS/Bhavan's far away with CBSE sy;llabus. To ask you frankly what is the basic diffrence between these 2 syllabus?( i studied in a cBSE school until 8th and changed to stateboard after that.)

What was the syllabus for your children when they were studying in over seas? What sort of difficulties did they face after shifting to India? DS is afraid of schools in India because last year we used to watch the serial kanaKanum Kaalangal where one of the teacher beats the students with a cane Big Laugh. He is not ready to belive me when I say otherwisebonk.

4. Chandra25

Chandra25 Bronze IL'ite

Hi Abisin,
    Some of the good schools in mdu r TVS,Jeevana,Velammal and TVS near Tepppakulam.

5. amutha

amutha New IL'ite

We have Lot of good schools in madurai
    Best one is Mahatma Montessari school have 4 branches.early my daughter studied there.very good teaching and care taking.lunch will be provided in the school itself.

6. AbhiSing

AbhiSing Gold IL'ite

Hi Chandra mam

Thank you for the FB. (Sorry for the belated reply. I forgot to check this thread). Have you returned back to Madurai from Singapore?

7. AbhiSing

AbhiSing Gold IL'ite

Hi Amutha
    Thanks for the reply.
    My friend's son is also studying there in Mahatma. Heard he 1s enjoying there.

8. Mallie

Mallie Senior IL'ite

My realative studying in TVS, and she likes it, Also Mahatma is ,I heard.

9. manjulats

manjulats Silver IL'ite

TVS is one of the good schools in Madurai.Where have you settled down in Madurai

10. shobanaj

shobanaj Senior IL'ite

I know we have had toppers in our college from Vikasa. That should also be one of the good schools in Madurai i believe.

Thanks