GOOD SCHOOLS IN CBE.. pls forward ur valuable suggestions..

Discussion in 'Coimbatore' started by sharmi28, Jan 9, 2008.

1. sharmi28

sharmi28 New IL'ite

Searching for Good School and Admission

Hi,

I am Sharmila. I am married and having a daughter. Now we are in U.S. And, now I am sending her to Pre-K. But, here the education is not good compared to India. So, I am planning to make my daughter study in India itself. Since, my parents are in coimbatore,I am planning to put her in coimbatore school itself. My daughters date of birth is 21/01/2004. Can anyone tell me whether she can join LKG by next year. And also pls tell me which CBSE and Matriculation school is good in coimbatore at present.

I will be very very thankful, if anybody response for me.

Thank you
    Sharmi.

2. vista

vista New IL'ite

Re: Searching for Good School and Admission

CHINAMAYA INTERNATIONAL RESIDENTIAL SCHOOL
    SIRUVANI ROAD,KARUNYANAGAR,
    COIMBATORE

3. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

<table style="font-family: Verdana,Tahoma,Arial; font-size: 10pt; border-collapse: collapse;" border="1" bordercolor="#000000" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr valign="top"><td>Chinmaya Vidyalaya
    107, Robertson Road
    PM Swamy Colony, II Street
    Coimbatore
    Tamil Nadu - 641 002. </td> <td>0422 -2470519</td> <td>X-Mat</td> <td> chinmayatv@yahoo.com </td> </tr> <tr valign="top"> <td>Chinmaya Vidyalaya
    Thondamuthur Road
    Vadavalli, Coimbatore
    Tamil Nadu - 641 041</td> <td>0422 - 2430720 2422453</td> <td> XII-Mat</td> <td> chinvad@rediffmail.com</td> </tr> <tr valign="top"> <td>Chinmaya International Residential School
    Nallur Vayal Po
    Siruvani Road
    Coimbatore
    Tamil Nadu - 641 114</td> <td>0422 -2615726 2615752</td> <td>CBSE upto XII IB - +2</td> <td> cirs@eth.net
    Fully Residential
    Website: Chinmaya International Residential School, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, India</td></tr></tbody></table>

Schools and Colleges - Schools - CBSE Schools in Coimbatore.com

4. shanthi krishna

shanthi krishna New IL'ite

hi, For girls, there is a school in saibaba colony, one of the posh areas,
    1. Avila convent
    2. Bharathi matriculation

5. sguser

sguser New IL'ite

Any more? If so, please post some info on good schools so I can pass it on to my friend who is looking for one.

- sguser

Last edited: Nov 7, 2008
  6. Tamanna12

Tamanna12 New IL'ite

for girls
    avila convent
    alvernia convent Ramanathapuram
    gee dee matriculation near park gate
    kendriya vidhyala CBSE near airport sulur
    GRD matriculation peelamedu
    suguna pips international school karadimalai

7. akilaa

akilaa New IL'ite

hi sharmila,
    St,joseph's matriculation higher sec school,
    trichy rd, cbe.
    with regards,
    Akila:thumbsup

8. NandiniRao

NandiniRao New IL'ite

Hi there,

I am new to the forum, but am from Coimbatore, so I thought I should give my input here. Are you very particular about CBSE schools? Most of the ones mentioned (like Avila, Alvernia, St. Joseph's etc.) are Matriculation Schools. I went to St. Francis and Stanes for a brief while before that. If I had to send my children to school in Coimbatore now, I would look at the following:

Gee Dee
    Vidya Niketan
    The Chinmaya Schools
    St.Francis (my alma mater)
    St.Joseph's
    Avila

None of these, save the Chinmaya International one are CBSE. Do you have any other requirements such as co-ed vs. girls only?

The KV in Sulur if I remember right, requires at least one parent to be a Central Government Employee. IOW, a civilian cannot get in there.

Where your parents live also dictates to some extent your choice I would think. Another issue is of course admissions. I know that GeeDee and Vidya Niketan are extremely competitive.

Hope this helps. If you have any other questions, please ask and I will do my best to find out and let you know.

Nandini

9. shalinisrikanth

shalinisrikanth New IL'ite

good schools in coimbatore..

hai all
    iam looking school for my 3+ old kid in coimbatore,can anyone suggest some happening and good schools near cheran nagar or ram nagar as v r settlg there,we r coimbatore people but for past years we don't have much information about schools there as we r residing outside.

any small info like admissions r school standard will be useful to me,sorry for troublg u people and thanks in advance.

10. vbrintha

vbrintha New IL'ite

Hi Everyone,

My sister is working in a school in Coimbatore. She is a Arts teacher. It is called "Vivekalaya Matriculation School". It is in Trichy Road. She said that they have both CBSE and Matriculation.

Not a single day has passed without she praising that school. That school seems to be a real heaven place for kids to grow. All teacher are well educated. No teachers are allowed to beat or even scold the kids. Kids are treated with Due respect and no partiality is shown to the kids. The teacher try to bring the talents our of the kid. They encourage the kids in each and every small thing they do. The school ends and 3:30 and no special classes after that.Only for 10th I think for very very weak student, they arrange some special classes. They have more extra-curricular activities. You people should definetly try this school. You can call that school to get more information

Regards
    Brintha