Good school near OMR

Discussion in 'Schools/Playschools/Daycares' started by Karthiga, Oct 31, 2007.

1. Karthiga

Karthiga Bronze IL'ite

hello friends,
    My son is 3 yrs old and we're searching for a good school near old mahabalipuram road. I heard of Jeppiar school in shozhinganallur, is that a good school?. ILites near or there in OMR could help me pls.....

regards
    karthiga.

2. sesirekha

sesirekha New IL'ite

hi karthiga

I joined just yesterday in this beautiful community. Just going through and found out your query. I am also living on OMR. We are living in thoraipakkam. I am having 2 sons. Younger son is going to UKG or SR.K.G. We did lot of searching for good schools and finally joined him in Gateway the Complete school which is in sholingnallur. You can check out their website. There is nice feedback about that school though it is a brand new school opened 2 years back i think. Its an international school and fees are little bit high but its ok i felt. Principal is very sweet and warm person and answers all queries and teachers are very nice and i am happy that my little son is in safe hands. It is an ICSE syllabus following cambridge syllabus for smaller classes.

Anyway, when it comes to high classes , i opted for sankara school which is in adayar and is 8 kms away. I joined my elder son who is going to 6th std. It is a very nice school. We all liked it so much.
    And one more good news is within short period say around 2 to 3 years DAV Gopalpuram is going to open their big campus in pallikkaranai. So waiting for it...

I also heard about jeppiar school as our neighbours send their kids to that school. But they are having upto 3rd std and i don't have any idea which syllabus they follow.

Hope this info is of some help to you..

sesirekha.

3. Karthiga

Karthiga Bronze IL'ite

hello sesirekha,
    Thanks for ur kind information. We're to shift to thoraipakkam - raj nagar by june or july and so we're searching schools nearby. I too heard of Gateway but still its under consideration, of its highest fees. But we got admission in Prim rose school in palavakkam.
    Could you pls give me more details abt Gateway? ie about when can we get application forms and abt the admission details....

thanks in advance,
    karthiga.

4. sesirekha

sesirekha New IL'ite

hi karthiga

:clapGreat that you are also joining into my area!! Regarding Gateway the complete school, it is a very nice school. They are open their admissions now. That means admissions are going on and they give seats of first come first serve basis.

I agree that fee is high when compare to normal cbse schools. But i feel its worth it. They are having air conditioned class rooms. One-to-one attention to all kids as strength is small. Each class will have 20 kids. There are many Extra ciricular activities. Till now we don't have any regrets and also there is no much option given to us for smaller classes. But , we do have some problems from past 2 to 3 weeks with the transportation services provided. But principal is very nice and she assured us all the problems will be sorted out.

You can check out their weblink . Gateway The Complete School, Chennai, Tamilnadu, India - International School affiliated to University of Cambridge (International Primary Programme) and Indian School Certificate Examinations (ICSE) boards and talk to them over phone. If you are serious about admission then don't delay.

I want to know whether you are moving permanently to your own house or you are renting here? Just curious..[​IMG]

ok then all the best[​IMG]

sesirekha.

5. meera2503

meera2503 Senior IL'ite

HI sesirekha,

just saw your posts on suggetion from Shanvy, thanks Shanvy,

Sesirekha, can you give me more info about Gateway and Jeppiar.Your personal experience about Gateway would help although I did go thru their websites.

Thanks

6. sesirekha

sesirekha New IL'ite

hi meera

You might be knowing that Gateway is following icse syllabus with Univ. of Cambridge collabaration. You can read about this in their website.

As per my experience, i found it to be good school and i am very much comfortable with my little son going there. They are having many extra curricular activities and teachers are very nice and kind. Principal is very nice person and she understands and takes good care of things. Kids are also enjoying the atmosphere there nicely and learning nicely. One nice thing is they won't put much pressure on little kids. My son is going to sr.k.g. Homework is also not too much. Rarely they do give homework. But they make kids work there itself.

They are also encouraging sports and other activities nicely. We enrolled our son in theater classes which proved to be very good. He grew up much confidently and nicely able to converse with everyone without any hesitation now. They are also offering music classes (guitar and drums ). But we didn't enrol in that. Overall its nice school and working hard to become one of the best schools. They are offering higher classes in padur where they built a very big campus in 6 acres of land it seems. And i heard that icse syllabus is good and most of north indian schools are following that syllabus only i think.

About jeppiar school i dont know much. Only thing i know is they are having upto 3rd std. in this academic year. May be they may increase from coming academic year. Their timings are from 8 to 4. I am telling about van pick-up and drop timings. There is one more school in shollingnallur which follows cbse syllabus. Bharati vidyasram school. They also have website. You can refer that school also. Their website is Bharathi Vidyalaya Senior Secondary School .Compared to gateway, these 2 schools fee is less i think as they are not international.

Hope this info. helped you. Do let me know after you decide where you want to join.

sesirekha.

7. josiraj

josiraj New IL'ite

Gateway School

Hi sesirekha

I wish to know the Fees structure in Gateway as your children are studying there. Could you please give me info of Fees and application issue dates please..

Thank you.
    JosiRaj

8. jullie

jullie New IL'ite

Hai,

They charge around 56k for kindergarden, which is a 14k hike from last year. This is happening every year. Also the A/C is not working for the whole year, no swimming classes, some students mother's and few ayya mmas are recruited as teachers.
    Looking for a good school for my kid, avoid gateway, not worth it.

9. jullie

jullie New IL'ite

Schools around OMR

hai,

looking for a good school around OMR. Quality, discipline , education & the facility matters..
    BMV - jus starting.. never know what is in store.
    PSBMill - not good.
    Gateway - not upto the mark. kid is there this yr.
    Looking for some good old matriculation schools.. tired of these INternational promises..
    How is the sacred heart matric school? can someone help me with ur inputs.
    Also any info about the Jeppiar Intl School

Thanks
    Jullie

10. Gayu4Ramu

Gayu4Ramu New IL'ite

Hi all,

I am very new to this site and I found lot of interesting threads going on. Hence joined in immediately. I am looking out for a good schools in OMR. I am planning to buy a flat near padur/navalur. Hence, it would be great if someone can guide me to get into a good school(CBSE preferably). My daughter is studying now in UKG and we will be occupying in the year 2011. Hence, please help me/my daughter to get into a good school. Thanks in advance.
    Regards,
    Gayathri