Good posture to sit/sleep??

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by cathy, Nov 24, 2007.

1. cathy

cathy Senior IL'ite

Hi,

I am in my 9th week.

Obviously my tummy hasnt started showing up yet!!Now my question is that,

Is there any specic posture to sit and sleep?Since i'm feeling normal i sleep either straight or sidewards.While sitting i sit the way that i am comfortable with.

Is there any specific postures that affect /stretches the baby???

Looking 4ward to hear from you friendz!!

Happy Karthigai!!May lord MURUGA shower his blessings on all of us.

2. maha

maha Senior IL'ite

Hi Cathy,

Normally sleeping sidewards to ur left is advised, since it improves blood ciculation for u and ur growing baby...other than this , u can also sleep to ur right side, but try to minimize sleeping straight... Have a happy pregnancy...

3. sanravi_1970

sanravi_1970 Gold IL'ite

Hi Cathy

Its good to sleep in sides rather than on ur back to have a good blood circulation.
    Sitting is not a problem but as months progresses, since ur belly grows, its advised to sit straight to avoid backaches.
    I usually used recliners to sit so that i avoided sitting in bed in day time to avoid back pain and also heat generated while we sit on bed.

I suffered a lot due to excess body heat, even now in winter i use fan during night :)

Always dont worry abt whether it might affect the baby.. the baby is well cushioned and protected in uterus surrounded by fluid,so the baby is safe even if u bed down, walk, sit or sleep. But always be careful in whatever u do.

Take care and enjoy ur pregnancy :)