Good paediatrician - Chennai

Discussion in 'Personal Services' started by sita_r, Dec 26, 2007.

1. coneice

coneice New IL'ite

Re: Good Pediatrician in and around Velachery, Chennai

hi lavanya,
    i am a r2i and moved back this january....i am in velachery...i have a 4 and 1.5 yrs old kids...i am showing them to Dr.raguraman in kamatchi hospital in pallikaranai which is 5min drive from vijayanagar bustand...he is good...my kids just had vaccinations last week...he is good and patient enough to answer all our ques unlike some doctors who don't like the patients questioning them...so try him...
    my friends suggest dr.mohan in doctors plaza right at the vijayanagar busstand..my frined told me that the doc is from child trust hospital in nungambakkam..i am not sure abt that though....

2. lavanya_28

lavanya_28 Silver IL'ite

Thanks a lot for your advice on your pediatrician at Pallikaranai. Does he understand that we are from the US and we would have a lot of questions becoz of the change in climate, environment and other things. Does he answer all your questions patiently and can you send me the details on how to contact and what is the procedure for getting appointment from him. Can you also detail me on the days he will be at the hospital and if he has any clinic where we can see him on days he does not come to the hospital.

Thanks and Regards,
    Lavanya

3. coneice

coneice New IL'ite

absolutely no worry..he answers very well for all our ques...atfirst i thought he did his studies in usa and that is why he is able to understand us and answer nicely...then i enquired abt his studies and he very patiently answered that too...he studies his UG in south and did his masters in north...

just google kamatchi hospital and ask for an apt with dr.raguraman..he is avl on all days from 5 to 7pm...and in the mornings he works in balaji hospital and college in chrompet...he has a clinic at his residence in nanganallur...he is very kind that he offered his mobile number and asked us to contact when emergency...what else u can ask for from a doc?...so don't hesitate..try him...

initially when i came from USA i was very worried whom to choose bcos everybpdy has their own doctors right from childhood and they say he is the best and it might sometimes be very far away and practically very impossible for us everytime...inspite of that i tried a doctor bcos my frined told me and she is very experienced adn works in apollo...first of all, the doc shd interact well with the child..that itself was not there with her...apart from that, she didn't like me questioning her...she thinks i am asking too much info and confusing myself...i asked her to write down the vaccination gn in the SHOTS CARD that is provided in USA so that it can be handy...she replied that it is not needed...that was the end of it...i never went back to her...

so i can very well understand what u r looking for and that s why i replying this big...everything is ur choice...so try and see if u like him..

4. sanravi_1970

sanravi_1970 Gold IL'ite

Ofcourse ur true coniece, i too went to two to three doctors in chennai, the min they saw me the note with questions they started arguing, or blindly to the face said they dont have time to answer and they have lots of patients in cue in pain(i agree) but there is a way to tell us right? i hated that doctor even though he might be a big dcotor!!!
    I then went to doctor Rajesh, i think, in velachery, dont remember the location but, he s good, asked me to call and tell my kids health update, but i didnt took questions to him, just went to him bcos my son had severe cold that time! :)

Last edited: Aug 9, 2009
  5. sinvin

sinvin New IL'ite

hi lavanya
    We take our daughter(5yrs old) to either Dr.Mohan in doctor's plaza or Dr.Sivakumar,both of them practice in velachery and are really good.Dr.Mohan needs a prior appt.though.
    Dr.Mohan-ph-22590796
    Dr.Sivakumar- 9962022663
    Welcome to chennai!

6. lavanya_28

lavanya_28 Silver IL'ite

Thanks Coneice for your reply to all my questions. I felt satisfied with your summary of the doctor and i am planning to keep him as my daughter's pediatrician. Let me try with him and see and i will send an update of my experience with the doctor.

Thanks other Illites for sending in your updates about your child's pediatricians. Appreciate all your help.

Cheers!
    Lavanya

7. vidhyaswami

vidhyaswami New IL'ite

Hi Lavanya and other moms

Iam currently in MI and will be coming back to chennai (AGS colony, velachery) probably my next month. By this time u might have researched a lot and found a good pediatrician in velachery area. as i will be coming with my 4 year old child. Hope to hear from soon. Thanks.

8. sangeethaBaskar

sangeethaBaskar Senior IL'ite

who is the good pediatrician in west mogappair...

hi...can anybody tell about the good pediatrician in west mogappair...because im new to that place..and also good gynaecologist,good family doctors to consult during other haelth disorders...

9. sangeethaBaskar

sangeethaBaskar Senior IL'ite

Re: who is the good pediatrician in west mogappair...

so many viewed....why no reply....

10. vijikathir

vijikathir Senior IL'ite

Good Pediatricians in chennai

Hi All,
    I am going to live in velachery. Can anyone suggest me good pediatric doctors for my kids who are 6 and 4 yr old in and ariound velachery?Advance Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2009