1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Good "movers" in bay area

Discussion in 'Personal Services in Bay Area' started by pebblebeach, Mar 5, 2010.

1. pebblebeach

pebblebeach Senior IL'ite

Hi all,
    When I think of moving the first thing that worries me is about movers. Though I moved only once after coming to US, I really hate moving due to a very very bad experience with a moving company. They charged/demanded for things that they didn't mentioned before like after moving half of the boxes, they wont impose new rules and charges like the number of feet till the moving truck is so and so, there are stairs, there are 2 flight of stairs, everything should be wrapped with the material they bought etc. They literally blackmailed us not once but continuously through out the move that they would leave our things in the middle and go away and things like that. They unnecessarily charged $300 extra. The moving company name is "Advanced Moving Systems". Be aware of them. No matter how much stuff you have or how long it takes for them to move, they will charge at least $800.

So I would like to know from your experience about good movers. So that people might not get cheated because of some bad movers. So please write about good movers that you have come across.

Thanks

Last edited: Mar 5, 2010

2. quizzer

quizzer New IL'ite

3. Happysoul1234

Happysoul1234 Gold IL'ite

I second TI movers, used them for all my moves. You email them with a list of your stuff and they give you a quote and stick to it. show up on time, get the move down quickly and professionally and no hassles on price.

4. advitha

advitha Silver IL'ite

TI moving is owned by michael and the japanese guy. They are just awesome :thumbsup. Even though you tell them the number of boxes and furniture list, they end up moving almost everything with no fussing. They make sure you don't have a single scratch in your furniture. Their entire team is hard working. We have used them twice in past 10 years (recently 2 years back they moved us to our new home and the other one was 8 years back when we moved to our second apartment).

I highly recommend them.

-Uma

5. pebblebeach

pebblebeach Senior IL'ite

TI movers got lot of positive reviews. Seems it is a good company.

One more thing, they wont impose charges that they didn't mention during the quote, like the furniture should be wrapped with their material, the distance between the main door and the truck is so and so, there is stairs etc etc, will they? I'm really so frustrated with my previous bad experience that I really scared of moving.

thanks for your immediate response quizzer, pmahensa and advita