Good Morning Dubai....Coffee with Dubaites.

Discussion in 'IL'ites in Dubai' started by Zeenat, Jun 1, 2009.

1. Shivani2009

Shivani2009 Moderator Staff Member Gold IL'ite

Re: Dubai Ladies Coffee Morning

Devi , Tryn make it , Let's Jayashree feel at home ! Would be good if you come around !

2. deepamanaval

deepamanaval New IL'ite

Hi Jayashree and Shivani,
    I would love to come and join you guys whichever date you finalise. Only one suggestion is, it would be good if it is in the evening.
    Deepa

3. safeenarangooni

safeenarangooni New IL'ite

Dear All

Allow me to introduce myself - Saf, originally from Mumbai, have been n the UAE for over 5 years, livin in JLT, currently 7 months pregnant and working from home... As such have a lot of time to participate on the IL website and meet ups...

I have been attending some expatwoman events and they are really great to meet new friends, but there are hardly any Indians there, if at all... I would really like to meet up with similar minded Indian women out there...

Unfortunately I missed the meet on the 14th... Can someone let me know if these are regular meetings or just once in a while, and also when would the next one be happening...

I would like to suggest that we can allot one day in a week - say Tuesdays when we can all meet up... Say 11 am in the morning... We could meet up at a coffee shop in a mall like MOE or Burjuman (which is connected to the Metro making commuting easy for everyone)... Most coffee shops would love to have us around, and would even set up areas where we can park our prams and even have soft play mats for little kids... We could alternate between the venues...

Do let me know what you think so that we can get started and atleast have a few meetups before Ramadan...

Also I read on this thread about someone suggesting a meeting on the last Thursday of every month at Starbucks in Burjuman... That is the 29th... Can we all atleast meet up on that day? How about 10 am?

Regards

Saf

4. safeenarangooni

safeenarangooni New IL'ite

Dear All

Allow me to introduce myself - Saf, originally from Mumbai, have been n the UAE for over 5 years, livin in JLT, currently 7 months pregnant and working from home... As such have a lot of time to participate on the IL website and meet ups...

I have been attending some expatwoman events and they are really great to meet new friends, but there are hardly any Indians there, if at all... I would really like to meet up with similar minded Indian women out there...

There arent any new updates on this thread... Can someone let me know if there are any regular meetings happening, and also when would the next one be happening...

I would like to suggest that we can allot one day in a week - say Tuesdays when we can all meet up... Say 11 am in the morning... We could meet up at a coffee shop in a mall like MOE or Burjuman (which is connected to the Metro making commuting easy for everyone)... Most coffee shops would love to have us around, and would even set up areas where we can park our prams and even have soft play mats for little kids... We could alternate between the venues...

Do let me know what you think so that we can get started and atleast have a few meetups before Ramadan...

Regards

Saf

5. simi001

simi001 Senior IL'ite

Hi Saf

Firstly a warm welcome on IL :)
    And congratulations dear on your motherhood :thumbsup
    I am Simi , originally form dehradun, have been in dubai for almost 3 years now.
    Currently a home maker, living in Al Nahda Dubai.

Regarding the meet ups there has been no major action happening on this thread lately since many of them have left for India for their annual vacations.
    Very few of us are still in town.
    Appreciate your idea of arranging a meet up before ramdaan.

So how about meeting on Wed June 28th for coffee say around 10 am for coffee , either at Deira City center or Burjuman both the places r connected with metro.
    Ladies what say time for another meet up.
    waiting to see some responses at the earliest :)

6. mashies

mashies New IL'ite

Hi Simi & Saf

This is really a great idea to meet up .July 28 seems perfectly fine ..How about 11am at Costa DCC.

Looking forward for revert .

Cheers,
    Mansi

7. simi001

simi001 Senior IL'ite

HI Mansi ,

Good to see your reply.
    Yeah Deira city center sounds a good option.
    Just waiting to hear some more responses , n then we'll finalize what say ?

Hey Mansi do let us know something about yourself

8. malathyj

malathyj Silver IL'ite

hmmmm Simi.. all on weekdays and DCC is so close to my place :( enjoy..

however, will catch up after my vacation.. are u not going on vacation?

9. simi001

simi001 Senior IL'ite

Hey Malathy ,

How u doing dear , its been long since we spoke.
    Am gonna be here in Dubai for entire summers, I normally travel to India during winters :)
    How about you when are you gonna to travel.

10. malathyj

malathyj Silver IL'ite

Hi Simi,

On my way next week onwards for a month. enjoy the summer... :0)