Good locality in London

Discussion in 'Indians in London' started by Nanu, Aug 8, 2007.

1. Nanu

Nanu New IL'ite

Hi Ladies,

My husband and myself are moving to London very soon and we're in search of a nice and safe locality to rent a house. Please help me with some areas that we should focus on.

Thanks.

2. kchand

kchand New IL'ite

Hi Nanu,
    There are so many nice areas in london. Which area of london you would prefer. Can you give any landmark .
    KIM

3. Nanu

Nanu New IL'ite

Hi Kim,

I'm looking for an area that is safe and has a sizeable Indian population as well. Could you suggest some areas pls ?

Thanks.

4. Tamildownunder

Tamildownunder Bronze IL'ite

Sizable Indian population live in areas like Southall, Wembly, East London, Tooting, Hounslow etc. In Southall you may get houses for cheap rent but the cleanliness may not be good. When I was there between 2003 - 2005, the rents ranged from GBP 800 upwards depending on the locality.

5. kchand

kchand New IL'ite

Hi Nanu,
    I am in south London . There are parts of the south london where you can find Indians. It is not only Southall and Wembly where there are indians. You need to see which area would be suitable and near your/spouses workplace.
    Kim
    :wave

6. Tamildownunder

Tamildownunder Bronze IL'ite

Hi, Nanu

The areas I mentioned in my previous post are those were Indians are predominant. Ofcourse, you will find Indians in all suburbs of London. Not only Indians, but also Pakistanis, Bangaldeshis, Sri Lankans and others. Among Indians and people of Indian origin, you will find lot of Sri lankan Tamils in Wembley and North London. North London has many places like Mill Hill where Indians are living. You will find lot of punjabis in Southall and Hounslow. Gujarathis are predominantly in Tooting. There are good number of Indians in Wimbledon, Durham (East London where Mahathma Gandhi first landed for the round table conference). Ofcourse, you have to choose the suburb closest to your/spouse's working place.

All the best,

TDU

7. prekapal

prekapal New IL'ite

areas in west london like Harrow, pinner and rayners lane are very good. many indians and indian stores are found here.