Good international schools in Zurich

Discussion in 'Indians in Switzerland' started by modisurhi, Feb 25, 2011.

1. modisurhi

modisurhi New IL'ite

HI, everyone ,

i will be moving to Zurich by the end of july this year with my husband and my son 4.5 yrs and a new addition to my family coming soon.

-Wanted to know where do most indians stay in zurich as i am really having jitters shifting with 2 kids to a new place and no help as in India we are so use to help around us.

-Can anyone pls suggest some good international schools also for my 4.5 yr old son.

2. Mani123

Mani123 New IL'ite

Re: hello

hi..

welcome to zurich :) Its a nice place to live. hope you will enjoy the place.

I heard that many Indians live in oerlikon. But even if you find a house there, donno if you can see any Indians living around you.

There are Indians in all the places in Zurich. Getting a rented house is a challenge. You would be lucky if you can get some Indians living near you.

We live in uster(15min from zurich hb by train). Its been an year for us now.

Regarding school, there is Zurich International School but the fees is high unless its completely or partially sponsered by your company. If you can pay around 2000chf per month for a child then gud else have to go for the local german schools which are free.

Normally, International schools are preferred if someone will stay in switzerland for 2-3 years or shorter period.. Others go to local german school .

Hope this info helps a little.

Cheers,
    Mani

3. jeyanthisenthil

jeyanthisenthil New IL'ite

Hi
    Welcome to Zurich :)
    We have Zurich international school is good one but bit expensive. You can find more indian friends
    Once are started sending ur son to school :)

Take care
    J