1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Good Haircolour Brand Suggestions

Discussion in 'Hair Care & Hair Styles' started by shravs3, Feb 11, 2021.

1. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

The person who discovers a good answer to this question deserves a gold medal.
    I put down old cloths and newspapers everywhere and yet end up with stray dots of dye which don’t come off easily. I use only one of the bathrooms for this purpose.The H is only tolerant because said bathroom is overdue for a renovation. Once that happens I’ll run out of excuses.

Rihana likes this.
  2. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

Whenever I apply henna I use two plastic bags(Kroger or Indian stores :tongueout:) cut open to cover the sink completely.
    As and when while showering if I notice some stains on the wall I pour the water on it immediately.

But with the hair dye I am not sure how to prevent staining the walls and the tub.

3. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Thanks MalStrom.

I wish I had a large enough mirror and water supply in the garage. LOL.
    I would need glasses.. : ( to notice...

Hmm... I hate these things that need so much planning and research... Walls: I was thinking to use a low stool to sit on ...

LOL the Indian bathroom with black specs mosaic floor would be perfect.

shravs3 likes this.
  4. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

Just checked a desi group on Facebook to see if there are any tips for the stains.

They have suggested Magic eraser, Scrubbing bubbles , Clorox and Tilex

Hopikrishnan likes this.
  5. Hopikrishnan

Hopikrishnan Platinum IL'ite

Interesting thread.
    One very useful tip for post-coloring cleanup is to do the wall, and tub-surface with a fine mist spray of the cleaning liquid, BEFORE draping the plastic film on the sidewall of bathroom tub where the nape-neck will rest.

The project has to start with the cleaning fluid formula in a spray bottle that produces a fine mist. Spray walls, and inside-tub with a fine mist. Then drape a plastic sheet over the sidewall of tub. Sit on small stool or on the floor next to the tub, and use the hair color in the usual manner. Gentle movements only for people with longer hair. Accidental droplets will go and hit some surface which is already covered in the cleaning fluid. Covering up the surfaces with a layer of cleaning fluids is much like using a greasy release coating (vaseline, petroleum gelly) on the hairlines to prevent the color sticking to unwanted areas.

After the required wait period for the acrylic to set the color on the hair, you may wash up, as well as spray-hose the walls and the tub surface.

You can easily test your cleaning liquid against haircolor drips for effective cleaning on the surface of a white ceramic plate. Keep plate in the sink. Cover half of the plate with a plastic film/bag. Spray your bathroom cleaner (about the same amount you'd use on bathroom wall or tub surface) on the exposed part of plate. Remove plastic film/bag, put a drop or two of the hair color on the sprayed area, and on the unsprayed area. Wait for a time that is about 10 min longer than your haircoloring set time. Wash the plate in a gentle stream of water. Compare the colors sticking to the surfaces. Publish a paper in a journal, if you happen to test more than 4 different cleaning fluid compositions.

https://www.clairol.com/m/master/pdf/NI_ingredients.pdf
    The chemical ingredients list (except the colorant) is similar to the list of chemicals in the "hair-set" acrylic sprays and gels.

I recommend formulations that contain a good percentage (20 to 30%) of isopropyl alcohol ( rubbing alcohol, gasoline additive) or better yet, methyl-ethyl-ketone(nail polish remover). Acetone, and MethylEthylKetone (EmEeeKay is another name) are solvents for acrylic things. Too much would have a very strong odor.

For example, magic-clean+alcohol/ketone or scrubbing bubbles+alcohol/ketone. These would be good for spot cleaning after the fact. You would prepare these in wide mouth (plastic) bottles. Drill a hole in the lid, insert the handle of an old hard-bristle tooth-brush into the hole from the inside. Half fill the bottle with your cleaning fluid with alcohol, put the lid back on with the toothbrush head going into the liquid. Keep this in the bathroom. When you or the dH see a spot of a different color, they can unscrew the cap, and go at the spot with the toothbrush already soaked in the cleaning fluid. For the husband who doesn't color his hair, nothing like good behavior when nobody is there to notice and respond.

Rihana likes this.
  6. Flyhigher

Flyhigher Gold IL'ite

I use this L'Oréal Inoa. Cream and developer(20 vol 6%) come separately. It is oil-based and mild. Every 2 or 3 months once I touchup root and do highlights. I wash the mixing bowl and gloves in the bathroom sink itself, I have not faced any stain problem with this. Before applying I just remove all the mats from the bathroom floor.
    Few years ago when I was using other hair colors I had faced this stain issue. Placing cotton dipped in bleach on stains for 24hrs helped me to remove the stains from the bathtub, sink, and floor.

shravs3 likes this.