Good gynaecologists in pune

Discussion in 'Pune' started by cutekid, Apr 8, 2009.

1. SonalRPrasad

SonalRPrasad New IL'ite

does any body has any idea about dr anuja shinde of jahangir hospital??

2. julz

julz New IL'ite

hello everyone
    we stay at magarpatta.can anyone please suggest a good gynaecologist near magarpatta

3. Mumtotwo

Mumtotwo Silver IL'ite

Dr. Jyothi Unni at Jehangir is very good.
    regards

4. lakshmi1211

lakshmi1211 New IL'ite

Re: gyn doctor in pune

hi sanyogita,

i am new to pune and staying near pink city wakad,
    searching for good gynec.
    can u suggest me any female good gynec around this area.

thanks in advance.

5. Priya4oct

Priya4oct Gold IL'ite

Hi Lakshmi,

I guess I am too late to reply you, if not you can go to -

1. Dr Ujjwala (her clinic is near wakad bridge and also have hospital near Euro kids wakad)
    2. All doctors in Aditya Birla are good

6. swetapadmaja

swetapadmaja New IL'ite

mr vinod bharti is in kharadi. he is very good doctor.
    he is also a consultant in noble, sahyadri nd columbia asia.
    rgds
    sweta

7. happymommyoftwo

happymommyoftwo New IL'ite

hi Lakshmi,

I am also staying at waked and going to dr. manisha at aditya Birla.....which dr. you are going to?

8. InfysAngel

InfysAngel New IL'ite

Re: Good Gynae in Pune

Advisory against Dr. Mrs. Smita Shah (Gyn & Obst) Aundh

Please take this as an earnest request to reconsider, if you or your kin are availing / plan to avail services of Dr. Mrs. Smita Shah (Gyn & Obst) Aundh.

My very near-and-dear person has suffered heavily (medically, emotionally & financially) due to unworthy trust put in Dr Shah. The ordeal she went through in last two-and-half years point towards incompetence of doctor in handling critical cases, failure to mitigate/address risks and inability to understand and interpret details established through lab reports.

I would be happy to share further details, if that helps you in any manner.
    Please share with others you know in other organizations, who may benefit from this information.

Below are the case details:

- The patient first visited Dr Shah (almost 2.5 yrs back) during initial days of her first pregnancy.
    - Sonography showed mid-size fundal fibroid on outside walls of uterus. This was informed to patient by Dr. Shah as potential issue.
    - At 18th week patient suffered sack burst and all liquor flowed out.
    - Dr. Shah advised termination of pregnancy which was carried out in Aditya Birla.
    - It was informed that Fibroid could be the main reason for the mis-carriage and recommended it’s removal.
    - After 6 months in Dec 2012, fibroid was removed through a procedure called Laparoscopic Myomectomy in Aditya Birla
    - Sep 2013, patient was again pregnant and visited Dr. Shah again, as doctor already had her detailed history.
    - But this time, doctor informed that Fibroid wasn’t the cause of last abortion as it was outside uterus; the cause could have been some ‘infection’ and put patient on regular antibiotics routine
    - In 19th week, sonography revealed that the cervical length is much lesser than required. In such cases, immediate action required is a ‘stitch’ to seal the uterus mouth and complete bed-rest. But Dr. Shah, instead suggested to wait till another sonography confirms the result. She was also reluctant to put stitch sighting possibility of damage to sack during stitch procedure.
    - 5 days later another sonography revealed internal OS was completely effaced. Patient was immediately admitted to nearby hospital of Dr. Shah’s recommendation.
    - There Dr. Shah decided to put stitch but it was too late as no space was left to put stitch. A night before procedure, patient suffered another mis-carriage. This time she gave new reason for the issue.
    - At least 3 different Gynacs were consulted after this incident with all case papers and all unanimously concluded that Dr. Shah failed to take decision of putting stitch in time. Also, with the history of first abortion, there was also no point in waiting till 19th week for putting stich. It should have been done around 16th week itself.
    - Also, putting stitch is considered a very simple and routine procedure and but Dr. Shah found it very difficult and risky.

Each doctor thinks differently, but there are some standard procedures in place that each one of them should be aware of.

I hope this info will be helpful to you!

*** Dr. Smita Shah runs her own hospital called ‘Shreyas Clinic’ in Aundh – Opp Kobe Sizzlers. She is also aligned to some more hospitals in city including AIMS, Aundh, O&P Tulip – SB Road.

9. sjkam

sjkam New IL'ite

Re: Good Gynae in Pune

I would recommend Dr Mangala wani. Her clinic is in model colony and she is attached to shashwat hospital in kothrud and aundh and also O&P

10. tulasi1511

tulasi1511 New IL'ite

Re: gyn doctor in pune

Hai vivbass im new here.its glad to hear from u about DR Swwaminathan .actually we r sufffering from infertility since from 2 yrs .we rounded so many hosptals but of no use.at present we r in ayurveda treatment.somebody told that this doctor is good .can u tell me deeply about Dr Swaminathan.