1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Good effects of following Rujuta's principles

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by pman16, Nov 22, 2013.

1. pman16

pman16 Platinum IL'ite

Im an ardent Rujuta Diwekar fan since I read her book and started following in my life. I could not believe it myself till it worked for me.

Im a person who cannot have just 3 heavy meals a day as I feel my capacity to store is limited. When I went on a diet without any guidance initially, I tried eating like a king for breakfast, lunch like a prince and dinner like a pauper. I lost some weight but I used to feel hungry in between and also I used to force myself to eat because if I missed that meal, then I have to wait for few hours to get the next one.

I avoided fried items and used to worry so much to eat even if it is homemade.Nuts also were out of question at that time.

I was on a vacation in India when I first read about this book. I was initially not happy to read the book at the wrong time because friends and relatives would invite for gatherings and feed good food. At that time I made the decision to implement her 4 principles and test if it works......and yes it does.

Some friends/relatives would adhere to my request of making homemade food and some would meet at restaurants. I carefully controlled my food portions and if the gathering would be in the evening, then I would go easy on lunch like soup and salads. I postponed eating the samosas and yummy stuff to my breakfast time as i followed Rujuta's 3rd principle of "Eat more when you are active & less when you are less active". I have to mention that I walked 45 mins briskly everyday as there was no access to gym. I could not believe it myself when I lost about 6 lbs even when I ate everything.

I eat every 2-3 hours now and my mind no longer thinks about food everytime.
    Diwekar attempts to break popular myths about ingredients such as ghee, rice, salt etc and suggests that having seasonal fruits including mango, chickoo, etc aren't bad for your health at all. Now I eat everything in moderation and it helps ! So wherever Im, I automatically feel hungry at that time and I have a quick snack.

She emphasises on slow eating and chewing the food properly. I make it a point to relax my mind when Im eating food. Try it and feel and the difference.

Rujuta Diwekar strongly advocates the need to return to the kitchen, cook and eat homemade meals rather than packaged or restaurant food. I make it a point to cut veggies whenever I have time. I have all kinds of veggies cut from time to time so that I can use it for daily curries, dals etc. I control the urge to pick up food from outside and rush to my kitchen to eat homemade food.

She suggests to sleep gadgets-free and have regular sleep hours. I remember reading about fancy curtains in modern days which blocks suns rays and we feel the urge to sleep more by not even knowing the time of dawn.

Also I like her
    5 signs of a healthy human being…

1. You always wake up fresh; you don’t need an alarm to get up
    2. You feel enthusiastic and cheerful
    3. Most of the time, you eat your meals on time
    4. You don’t count your calories
    5. You don’t’ watch TV before going to bed.

Though I goof up on the first principle most of the times in winter by drinking chai the first thing in the morning. She also advocates to sit on the ground and eat in the traditional style which is not possible.

.....but overall, Im happy with the results to the extent I have followed it.

RD followers like me, if you are interested, read her blog to update your knowledge.

Rujuta's gyan
    I eat every 2-3 hoursI

6 people like this.

2. adinil

adinil Silver IL'ite

very nice article...thanks for sharing dear