Good Communication Skills Yet No Job

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Desiindian, Dec 12, 2021.

1. Desiindian

Desiindian Gold IL'ite

I am asking for an acquaintance who I know for quite a long time. Whenever we happen to meet in our locality, she always whines how she is struggling to find a job, rejections and so on. She doesn't want teaching jobs or sales. She worked in a call centre for a few months and then stopped. Heard from another source that she was not able to manage calls properly, hence after probation,she was sent home.

I knew her ability to converse in English very well. Can write well as far as I know and she appears confident, but still not getting a job. What could be the reason? Any hiring managers here? what you think could be an obstacle for such people. She is in chennai.

All that I hear from people around me is if you have good communication skill, you can reach heights in your career. I see some people with excellent English skills still not moving to next level, or struggling to grow in a field. What is your opinion? What could be the reason for their struggle? Pour in your opinions and thoughts..

Many thanks.

2. Thoughtful

Thoughtful Gold IL'ite

Good communication skill and being able speak in English very well are very different things.

Please research on ways to improve communication skill and practice diligently. Things will get better.

3. AppuMom

AppuMom Gold IL'ite

I was interviewing few candidates for my start up.Few R2i ladies applied and what I observed while interviewing them....
    They start with a fake accent (uk/us) but unable to keep that throughout the interview.Such a turn off for me as in interviewer because I was looking for some genuine and real conversation.
    Some people speak good fluent English but unable to articulate the points or fail to put their points across..I also interviewed few people who's English is broken ,but they project the confidence and go getter attitude ...So it solely depends on the position and interviewer on how they assess someone's language skills..