1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Good Brand for Juicer

Discussion in 'Spotless Kitchen' started by Grace3, Dec 12, 2008.

1. Grace3

Grace3 Silver IL'ite

Ladies,

I'm re-posting this query here from US Shopping thread as hardly any recent activity going on there .

What brand juicer are you using ?
    Do you find cleaning the blade/filter difficult ? Is all the pulp filtered properly ?
    The reason I'm asking is 'cos I struggled with the Black&Decker Juice Factory years ago .... pulp & fibre will still be in juice and cleaning the mesh filter was very tough [​IMG] as the blades were very tiny & sharp -- that put me off Juicers totally !!

And also how much is the cost ?

Thanks.

2. Grace3

Grace3 Silver IL'ite

Just came across this site

Juicers

which deals with different methods of juicing and types of juicers . Quite useful info. though the prices of some seem too much !!!

3. AbhiSing

AbhiSing Gold IL'ite

Hi Grace

I have a Braun Juicer (I really am greedy for Braun products...my eyes glint when I see the ads for any new products in the market and my brain schemes how to get it for my kitchen :hide:)

It is very good in filtering the pulps and seeds...even th pomegranate juice comes out superb. For cleaning the parts, for the steel mesh filter,use a dishwashing brush with soft bristles with a handle. you can put the other parts in the dishwasher.

I don't remember the exact price. Guess it is around S$80-100.

Happy shopping.

4. Grace3

Grace3 Silver IL'ite

Thanks for responding Vijee.
    Yes, Braun is one product you can buy with eyes closed as quality is assured. I will look out for this juicer --- does it come along with the Braun food processor or is it a separate unit ?

5. AbhiSing

AbhiSing Gold IL'ite

Most welcome Grace.

No my Philips FP has a juicer attachment , that is a tall jar into which we had to put in a filter attachment and we have to cut the fruits into small pieces, then it will give that juice and that too not good. So I bought the Braun juicer 2 years back. In this no need to remove seed/skin except for orange. I just close my eyes and throw in carrots, mints, tomatoes, even bittergourds (in my desperate moments after seeing the flabs and suddenly become health conscious:hide:)after washing and get the juice in 1 minutes time.

6. Grace3

Grace3 Silver IL'ite

OK, will add Braun juicer too to my list --- I'm in for Rantfrom hubby ...

7. AbhiSing

AbhiSing Gold IL'ite

hahaha

If your hubby sees these thread he is gonna blame me for spoiling his wife:wink: